Free Agent Target: Martellus Bennett (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
What do you guys think of him as a mid-level free agent? He was the second-leading receiver for the Giants last year. He has good hands and decent size to be used in run blocking formations.

Would not b opposed and he hasnt heard from the giants yet.

He'll probably look to be a #1 TE somewhere; we've already got a pretty good one. :D

would like him opposite Graham but it's going to depend on how much cap we have left

He'll probably look to be a #1 TE somewhere; we've already got a pretty good one. :D

Is there really such a thing as a #1 TE?

I mean, for example, would you consider Aaron Hernandez a #2?

Heck, even David Thomas when healthy has a considerable amount of snaps as a "#2".

What do you guys think of him as a mid-level free agent? He was the second-leading receiver for the Giants last year. He has good hands and decent size to be used in run blocking formations.

I think he will be the best paid free agent after Cook.

Now do we want him? It all depends of what we want out of our second tight end. Bennet is known for his catching abilities then for his blocking (although he can do that). We already have one like that in Graham.

I think Anthony Fasano is a better option to compliment Graham. Great blocker, solid hands and very good at the red zone. And would come even cheaper.

Didn't like his attitude or his work ethic when I saw him on Hard Knocks. He finally played well for the Giants and they aren't keeping him so that tells me something as well. We go after character guys, don't think he will be on Saints radar.

would be great, but someone already hit the nail on the head. He's going to want to come in and be a #1 Te. He could get a lot of use here and possibly even great stats with Drew Brees even Under Jimmy G's shadow, but it just might be better to go to a team who will be solely throwing to him

I like Fauria but he is a terrible blocker, Jimmy is a much better blocker, and that is not saying much.

I'll agree he's not the best, but you can always get a blocking TE. Fauria is 6-7 265 and has 10 7/8 in hands. If not him, I'd get Toilolo or Sudfield from Nevada. Don't really care for his attitude either.

This dude was whining the whole time he was in Dallas because he was behind Witten. No way he's gonna sign here and play behind Graham.

There are other options at TE, and another point to make is we have JG coming up for a new deal no way we tie a ton of $$ in the TE position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom