Free Agent WRs Remaining (1 Viewer)

JeffODW

Suffering Fan Invigorated
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Post updated after Saints Signed Emmanuel Sanders, and then again when I saw the list of our current rostered WRs.

These are a few Free Agent WRs Remaining, but none are left from the marque FAs this year, and we probably have little cap space to make a splash.

Not sure if we would still sign or trade for another receiver if we are truly “All In for Drew”, I think some veteran to compliment to CGM and Sanders is a logical piece to add; however, we clearly have no Cap space for anyone of note after the Winston signing.
SB Nation has their Best available: Taylor Gabriel, Johnny Holton
These aren't exactly savvy veterans and I don't know that Gabriel can find that promise he showed as a Falcon if he lands with a consistent team ?

What do you guys think ?
Perhaps we may consider one of the reclamation project players, especially considering a possible Fall 2021 start date

Can Josh Gordon or Antonio Brown ever make it back to the NFL ?

Gordon is looking like a much more interesting prospect with the new Weed friendly CBA.
Frankly, we may not even be able to afford him - but the suspension may help our salry cap if he is only allowed to play the second half of the season anyway.

Last edited:
I really thought we'd hear something by now of at least having interest in Robinson. Perhaps SP doesn't see a fit, but it seems like a high upside low cost signing to me.

Anyone know of a twitter report or player posting travel his to NOLA ?
It seems like a forgone conclusion we have to either sign, trade for, or draft another 1-2 receivers if we are truly “All In for Drew”
Why on earth would any player be traveling into NOLA right now??
I think the only WR that makes any real sense in Manny Sanders. But has to be the right price for a 33 yr old WR too. Hopefully we can meet him in the middle. IF not it's bargain bin and drafting at least 2.

Emmanuel Sanders, Anderson ....and Josh Gordon for cheap if we are desperate lol

I'd love to bring in Demarcus Robinson. Ascending young talent just hitting his stride and still affordable. Would immediately be our second best WR, though he should really fill the WR3 role. Hoping we can find our WR2 in the draft.

Super Excited about the Sanders signing. But I still think a young talent like Demarcus Robinson would help fill out our depth chart.

if we are truly “All In for Drew”, I think some veteran to compliment to CGM and Sanders is a logical piece to add; however, we clearly have no Cap space for anyone of note after the Winston signing.
SB Nation has their Best available: Taylor Gabriel, Johnny Holton
These aren't exactly savvy veterans and I don't know that Gabriel can find that promise he showed as a Falcon if he lands with a consistent team ?

What do you guys think ?
Perhaps we may consider one of the reclamation project players, especially considering a possible Fall 2021 start date
Can Josh Gordon or Antonio Brown ever make it back to the NFL ?

I found this nice write up on available WRs by a Titan's journalist:

He mentions Gabriel "had nearly 800 yards with the Chicago Bears despite having Mitch Trubisky and Chase Daniel as his starting QBs. "

Demaryius Thomas is another option with 10 years in the league and some time on a team with Sanders in Denver before a rough season last year with the Jets

He has page on Gordon as well: "With the NFL’s stance on illegal substances significantly softened, you have a chance to bring in a guy who is generally well-liked by coaches (including Bill Belicheck) but whose substance issues have made it difficult for him to have a career in the NFL..."
We still may be unable to afford him - but the suspension may help our salary cap if he is only allowed to play the second half of the season anyway.

And if you want to think far outside the box, like Dez far, Calvin Johnson is only 34
Maybe we can offer him some of the singing bonus he wants from Detroit to com play around with DB in the pre-season.
His guy's build alone would justify a WR4 spot for playoffs and redzone drives. He could play another 4 years if used sparingly.
I mean Dez tried his comeback with us, and 34 years isn't too bad even for a shadow of the receiver formerly knows as Megatron.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom