Free Agents the Saints should consider (1 Viewer)

tophergillock

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
With the 2nd wave of Free Agency beginning and the great job the front office has done so far in retooling this team, let's look at q few free agents that wouldn't break the bank but could produce well for this team.

Trenches- We all know this is where games are won and lost. The Saints could still use some help on the DL and OL.
Shelby Harris DT - He is versatile, productive, usually is at the top of the league in batted passes and plays the run well. Would be a great addition to rotate at either DT or DE.
A'Shawn Robinson- Coming off an injury the Saints could sign this massive DT on a prove it type deal. Great run stopper and can get into the backfield for some pressures. Does not play to his size but utilizes technique well enough.

OL is a little more difficult. Where do we need the most help? Penning is young and Hurst is serviceable but not great. Peat needs to be upgraded but is a solid back up for both the LT and LG positions if necessary.
Dalton Risner- Plays with attitude and is an above average player in his career. Would be an upgrade to Peat but only slightly.

Secondary could still use some help especially at the Safety position.
Taylor Rapp - He would be a great depth guy and a guy that could take over the starting roll at some point if necessary. Concussions are a concern but he is very serviceable and would come relatively cheap.

Other options to consider but aren't necessary.
DJ Chark
Rock Ya Sin
Bryce Callahan
John Johnson.

My thoughts at any rate.

Last edited:
With the 2nd wave of Free Agency beginning and the great job the front office has done so far in retooling this team, let's look at q few free agents that wouldn't break the bank but could produce well for this team.

Trenches- We all know this is where games are won and lost. The Saints could still use some help on the DL and OL.
Shelby Harris DT - He is versatile, productive, usually is at the top of the league in batted passes and plays the run well. Would be a great addition to rotate at either DT or DE.
A'Shawn Robinson- Coming off an injury the Saints could sign this massive DT on a prove it type deal. Great run stopper and can get into the backfield for some pressures. Does not play to his size but utilizes technique well enough.

OL is a little more difficult. Where do we need the most help? Penning is young and Hurst is serviceable but not great. Peat needs to be upgraded but is a solid back up for both the LT and LG positions if necessary.
Dalton Risner- Plays with attitude and is an above average player in his career. Would be an upgrade to Peat but only slightly.

Secondary could still use some help especially at the Safety position.
Taylor Rapp - He would be a great depth guy and a guy that could take over the starting roll at some point if necessary. Concussions are a concern but he is very serviceable and would come relatively cheap.

Other options to consider but aren't necessary.
DJ Chark
Rock Ya Sin
Bryce Callahan
John Johnson.

My thoughts at any rate.
Risner only being slightly better, would be better than Peat. I also like the idea of signing A'Shawn Robinson.

We need another edge guy, I like granderson and Turner but I’d still look to add to the position. Yannick would be awesome

Anyone knows more about him? He looks to be very productive and is still pretty young but he's been on 5 different teams since 2019 :unsure:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom