Free agents to consider for our team (1 Viewer)

I hope you're right. But the reason we have so much cap room is because we've been bargain hunters in free agency...with the exception of Drew Brees.

Isn't that what the Patriots have done (apart from last season)? Pay your quarterback and fill in the gaps as needed. That's been Pioli's claim to fame, right?

We will get one impact player on defense this year, because the team realizes finally that they have to, and then fill in the gaps with your Torbors, Gays, etc. Trust me, they are NOT going to sit on their hands and send out another defense like this year's. There will be a concerted effort to improve, just as there was in 2006. The only reason last year's approach was different was because the entire front office and coaching staff was seeing through rose-colored (or black and gold, if you prefer) glasses.

That being said, impact doesn't necessarily mean flashy or big-name or expensive. Corey Williams is quietly becoming a very, very good DT. As someone said before, there's Boley. It's not about signing the guy who's looking for the big contract, it's about signing the guy who's on his way to the big contract.

I do also think that Faneca will be signed, or at least heavily pursued.

That being said, impact doesn't necessarily mean flashy or big-name or expensive. Corey Williams is quietly becoming a very, very good DT. As someone said before, there's Boley. .

I agree about Corey Williams, and I've been saying he'd be a great pick-up for months now... I've also been saying that there is no way the Falcons let Michael Boley get away! They are well aware that he is a star on the rise, and he'll be given the highest tender or signed to a long term deal before he ever hits the market. The Falcons are more likely to cut Keith Brooking than let Boley slip away.

Berrian is going to be the best WR on the market, meaning supply/demand is going to drive his price far higher than his relative worth. I'd have no problem overpaying if he was the only receiver who could help our team AND if WR was our most pressing need (for example, I'd "overpay" according to the market for a guy like Asomugha, Briggs, or Haynesworth), but we can get much better value (and probably a better player) for far less money than Berrian will command. With Berrians' price/quality and our need at WR (probably 5th or 6th most pressing need in my eyes), I'd go for a more affordable, less splashy guy.

Besides, yeah, he's another Devery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom