Free agents to consider for our team (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
1) Drayton Florence this guy would be a great addition,seasoned veteran takes to long to develop young talent 2yrs.
2) Demmario Williams fast athletic young and good in pass coverage and might be a bargain.
3) Flozzell Adams to replace Stinchomb.
4) Bryant Johnson this guy to be perfect fit to our system @ #2 spot and reguardless to all the comments on Devery solid #3.

1) Drayton Florence this guy would be a great addition,seasoned veteran takes to long to develop young talent 2yrs.
2) Demmario Williams fast athletic young and good in pass coverage and might be a bargain.
4) Bryant Johnson this guy to be perfect fit to our system @ #2 spot and reguardless to all the comments on Devery solid #3.

Good list.

Also Reggie Torbor (LB, Giants) would be a nice target as well. Keith Davis (S, Cowboys) could be a nice depth/ST guy as well for us.

once again this is very similar to last year. no big time free agents to put us over the top. if you add briggs, trufant, samuels or faneca it would look alot better.

Jordan Gross is a FA RT isn't he? If he is would it be worth us taking a shot at him?

What about Michael Boley from the Falcons?

Michael Boley would be great but it depends what Atlanta tender's him at being that he is a RFA.

Phil Simms was saying on TV that Drayton Florence doesn't even start anymore because he was replaced by Cromartie. I watched him all night and he played well but he was playing the number 3 for the Titans.

I would prefer throwing money at Faneca since our young lineman aren't evidently ready to step in, go after the Raider CB, bring in Gibril Wilson and go after Boley or Briggs.

I honestly feel that Strief would play well at RT if given the chance to start. He has played well filling in for Brown and Stinchcomb.

Last edited:
once again this is very similar to last year. no big time free agents to put us over the top. if you add briggs, trufant, samuels or faneca it would look alot better.

Over the top? Over the top of what? We are not a player or two away on defense. Trufant will be resigned, theres no chance Samuels comes here being the only big name CB who will hit the market, and Briggs will get a huge contract with some bigname team. Faneca is a good possibility though.

The players he listed are actually good FA's. They are not on the same level as KK and David. Not every FA can be a perrenial probowler.

Good list. It's nice to see a REALISTIC list on here. I especially like DeMorrio Williams.

As for Boley, unless he's tendered at a 1st round pick, we should go after him. Think about it: If you have to give up a 2nd round pick to get him, why wouldn't you? Unless Shawn Crable falls, there isn't another LB with his potential that will be available at that pick. It wouldn't be surprising, though, if they tendered him at the highest possible amount; he's one of the bright emerging talents in this league.

Another interesting name out there is Lemar Marshall. He was put on IR this year for a ruptured Achilles tendon and is 31 years old, but when he's healthy is a pretty good ILB who would provide a veteran presence to anchor the defence and is good for 100-plus tackles and can play the pass pretty well.

Last edited:
Florence is not a guy I'd go after. He's not that good. I mean, he's definitely better than David, but I gotta believe there will be better guys out there.

I still think we should try and see if ATL would be willing to entertain a DeAngelo Hall trade.

Florence is not a guy I'd go after. He's not that good. I mean, he's definitely better than David, but I gotta believe there will be better guys out there.

I still think we should try and see if ATL would be willing to entertain a DeAngelo Hall trade.

Ask yourself when the last time you saw a team trade their best CB to a division rival. I highly doubt it happens.

Here is my way to fix our team, sure not all can be achieved:
1. CB - Trufant (N. Asomugha, A. Samuel)
2. LB - Briggs
3. DT - A. Haynesworth (C. Williams)
4. LB - K. Dansby
5. S - (Draft K. Phillips with 1st round pick)
6. WR - Bryant Johnson
7. WR - D.J. Hackett (A. Johnson)
8. OG - Alan Faneca
9. RT - F. Adams (Draft)
10. CB - Draft

what we need is:
2 CB's starters (mckenzie might not be ready to start at Sept.)
2 LB's Starters
1 DT Starter
1 S Starter
1 WR Starter
1 TE Starter
1 RT
1 OG

I thought Hall was a FA this year. How many years does he have left on his contract?

Here is my way to fix our team, sure not all can be achieved:
1. CB - Trufant (N. Asomugha, A. Samuel)
2. LB - Briggs
3. DT - A. Haynesworth (C. Williams)
4. LB - K. Dansby
5. S - (Draft K. Phillips with 1st round pick)
6. WR - Bryant Johnson
7. WR - D.J. Hackett (A. Johnson)
8. OG - Alan Faneca
9. RT - F. Adams (Draft)
10. CB - Draft

what we need is:
2 CB's starters (mckenzie might not be ready to start at Sept.)
2 LB's Starters
1 DT Starter
1 S Starter
1 WR Starter
1 TE Starter
1 RT
1 OG

Getting those FA would be a possibility if the Saints is the only team willing to sign free agents which isn't going to happen!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom