Free Britney (1 Viewer)

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Britney was finally allowed to address the Court yesterday. In a, I think, "prepared" statement, she pleaded to be released from the conservatorship. The prevailing opinion out there among the Free Britney movement is, it's simple, Britney's dad paid the judge off so he could steal her money. I hate to give the State of CA the automatic benefit of the doubt, but it's preposterous to think it was that easy. I said I "think" it was prepared because she managed to be rambling even while reading from a pre-written statement. I know I'm mightily confused, but there just has to be more to it than "her entire family has got it in for her".

Britney Spears? Really? She is still relevant. I suck at pop culture. Thanks for the heads-up, MM.

Let the Maury Povich Show decide this conflict. Is Maury still relevant? Not that he ever really was.
Her conservatorship has been pretty heavily covered recently.. it's pretty interesting.

Definitely seems like the conservatorship needs to end though.

Britney Spears? Really? She is still relevant. I suck at pop culture. Thanks for the heads-up, MM.

Let the Maury Povich Show decide this conflict. Is Maury still relevant? Not that he ever really was.

Free Britney, it’s a thing. Like Free James Brown.

Maybe Britney's dad knows something we don't? Maybe he doesn't want his daughter to be another statistic? I'm thinking he did it to protect his daughter, since he was worried about her.

Now that Britney is older, maybe she can get off being grounded by her dad, and move on? Personally, I hope Britney retires, and gets out of the Hollywood domain; Just seems to be to much trouble in there.

Maybe Britney's dad knows something we don't? Maybe he doesn't want his daughter to be another statistic? I'm thinking he did it to protect his daughter, since he was worried about her.

Now that Britney is older, maybe she can get off being grounded by her dad, and move on? Personally, I hope Britney retires, and gets out of the Hollywood domain; Just seems to be to much trouble in there.

I don't think it matters whether he wanted to keep her from being a statistic or being worried about her. She is an adult and another adult isn't granted power to control her life absent the criteria in state law for effectively taking away an adult's liberty and self-determination because that adult is incapable, in the literal sense.

What matters is whether the person for whom conservatorship is requested is capable of providing for themselves - the person has to be truly incapable and the most common examples are elderly (alzheimer's, dementia, etc.), those who have suffered a traumatic brain injury or other completely debilitating trauma, and mental or developmental illness.

The standard is clear and convincing evidence that the person is incapable of looking after themselves and the system is supposed to be set up so that the incapable person is returned to "independence" as soon as they can. And this is because it is fundamental in American law that adults should have their own free will.

I'd like to think it was a father trying to protect his daughter that rose to fame n fortune at a young age. Having all the male stray dogs surround her taking what they could would be upsetting. Waiting for this adult thing to kick-in we see she has mental issues. Not saying he had no bad intentions, but it's difficult for a father to see his daughter as an adult when she don't act like one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom