free legal advice?/ on tthe job injury hosp bill [resolved] (1 Viewer)

This happened in dec, daughter reported to company during work right when accident hsppened. Last month, company told hosp that they were aware that they were responsible for bill (hosp has that info in their CPU files). I don't want to sue, I just want company to pay the bill like they are legally responsible for. I was just told that the owner just got elected a state rep or something. So im thinking the manager is not notifying them, cause it makes no sense not to pay and have to deal with what could happen legally. I have contacted a worker comp rep, waiting to hear back .

For some reason businesses think they're immune to paying for what they're responsible for. But quite possible the manager simply doesn't care about this situation or may just wait to see if you peruse it. That's why I ask you to seek legal advice. Believe it or not, just because the business is high profile and some think they have the best lawyers doesn't mean they're immune to lawsuits. Walmart pays out in lawsuits many times a yr. If your daughter is entitled to them footing the bill, then they will pay. But it may mean having to take them to court. Also if you go that route, make sure they pay all legal fees that you forked over to bring them to court.

this shouldnt be too hard to resolve....contact their Work Comp carrier.

if they are being uncooperative, you can either call the Franchise home office to acquire Work Comp info or maybe your state has a database that keeps WC info on file ( We have LA Workforce- not everyone subscribes, but you would be surprised )

If its a legitimate workplace injury at a company the size of a fast food chain, it sounds like a strait comp claim. Her supervisor should be able to provide either the company claims person or the comp insurers contact info. But it sounds like they're not cooperating - she may need to call a workers comp lawyer. The phone consultation should be free and comp fees are typically set by statute and not paid by the worker.

Thank you all for the help, issue seems to be resolved. Just opened a letter from my state's dept of insurance (workers comp div). In nutshell the state said it is illegal for a hosp to charge an individual for treatment under workers comp. It said that because we told the hosp before treatment that she was injured at work, that the hosp cannot legally charge us. The state said they will handle the matter.

What's sad is I'm guessing the hosp knew this when they sent me the bill. Guess it was easier to send me the bill than to pursue the proper legal action against the restaurant. The hosp even sent my bill to a collection agency and the collection agency harassed me and broke laws in the process.

Fyi if this was just a situation of my daughter being injured at home or something, I would not have fought the bill.

Edit: if this happens to someone in future try your state's worker comp office. I simply sent them a email and they handled the rest and it was totally free.

Workmans Compensation is run by the state. Thus, each states workmans comp regulations vary slightly. Legal advice would be the best solution. You can seek legal advice without sueing. Simply having legal council may also 'scare' the company into getting the ball rolling.

Workmans Compensation is run by the state. Thus, each states workmans comp regulations vary slightly. Legal advice would be the best solution. You can seek legal advice without sueing. Simply having legal council may also 'scare' the company into getting the ball rolling.

Thank you. I tried editing title to say resolved but it wouldn't let me or I messed up. I made a update on the post before yours.

Edit: maybe a mod can add (resolved) on the title. Thanks either way.

Thank you. I tried editing title to say resolved but it wouldn't let me or I messed up. I made a update on the post before yours.

Sorry I missed your post. Companies try to avoid filing claims itch workers comp for various reasons. Also, hospitals use various tactics to try to get their money. In many cases, both parties step outside of their legal rights. Dealing with workers comp isn't always easy, but i hope this issue is finally resolved for you.

I edited the title for you. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom