French Fries! (1 Viewer)

This thread is five star worthy

My List:

1. Rally Fries
2. Jack in the box curly fries
3. Hooters Cheesy Fries

Wendy fries used to be good for a while, until they started put in less salt.
Burker King Fries = :angryrazz:

pulpfiction.jpg

"Mayonaise??"

Outback cheese fries have won the title of The Greatest French Fries In The History Of The Freaking World.

I see your cheese and bacon and raise you Ranch dipping sauce.

anything that combines bacon, cheese, ranch, and potatoes is probably the greatest food ever made period.

I like the crispy ones. So, the Ralley's fries are my favorite. In a close second, checkers.
But you've gotta go out to Metry to get Checker's (or is that one on Bonnabel & Vets still a Checker's?).

:dunno:

We have this one sports bar/pool hall here in Lafayette called Fast Eddie's. It's a franchise so maybe some of you have one of these around your area. Anyways, the fries there are alllskoheme!

After that it's gotta be checkers or popeyes for me.

for a snack at night,i'll open up a bag and fill the deep fryer..put some jared beef gravy over the top and things are looking good. and if you have any leftover beef roast in the fridge..shred that up into the gravy mix over the fries. good stuff!

Here is the recipe for the best homemade frech fries I have ever had:

Perfect French Fries

4 large russet or kinnebec potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 by 1/4-inch thick batons
2 quarts peanut oil
Salt and pepper

Rinse cut potatoes in a large bowl with lots of cold running water until water becomes clear. Cover with water by 1-inch and cover with ice. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.

In a 5-quart pot or Dutch oven fitted with a candy or deep-frying thermometer, (or in an electric deep fryer), heat oil over medium-low heat until the thermometer registers 325 degrees F. Make sure that you have at least 3 inches of space between the top of the oil and the top of the pan, as fries will bubble up when they are added.

Drain ice water from cut fries and wrap potato pieces in a clean dishcloth or tea towel and thoroughly pat dry. Increase the heat to medium-high and add fries, a handful at a time, to the hot oil. Fry, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are soft and limp and begin to turn a blond color, about 6 to 8 minutes. Using a skimmer or a slotted spoon, carefully remove fries from the oil and set aside to drain on paper towels. Let rest for at least 10 minutes or up to 2 hours.

When ready to serve the French fries, reheat the oil to 350 degrees F. Transfer the blanched potatoes to the hot oil and fry again, stirring frequently, until golden brown and puffed, about 1 minute. Transfer to paper lined platter and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_22763,00.html

Perfect French Fries

4 large russet or kinnebec potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 by 1/4-inch thick batons
2 quarts peanut oil
Salt and pepper

Rinse cut potatoes in a large bowl with lots of cold running water until water becomes clear. Cover with water by 1-inch and cover with ice. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 2 days.

In a 5-quart pot or Dutch oven fitted with a candy or deep-frying thermometer, (or in an electric deep fryer), heat oil over medium-low heat until the thermometer registers 325 degrees F. Make sure that you have at least 3 inches of space between the top of the oil and the top of the pan, as fries will bubble up when they are added.

Drain ice water from cut fries and wrap potato pieces in a clean dishcloth or tea towel and thoroughly pat dry. Increase the heat to medium-high and add fries, a handful at a time, to the hot oil. Fry, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are soft and limp and begin to turn a blond color, about 6 to 8 minutes. Using a skimmer or a slotted spoon, carefully remove fries from the oil and set aside to drain on paper towels. Let rest for at least 10 minutes or up to 2 hours.

When ready to serve the French fries, reheat the oil to 350 degrees F. Transfer the blanched potatoes to the hot oil and fry again, stirring frequently, until golden brown and puffed, about 1 minute. Transfer to paper lined platter and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_22763,00.html

How do you make a deep-fried 'tator taste even better? Yep, you fry it twice.

Perfect French Fries

due to the lack of bacon, cheese, and ranch dressing, the title of "perfect french fries" has been stripped from these.....they shall now be referred to only as "good but could be better french fries"

due to the lack of bacon, cheese, and ranch dressing, the title of "perfect french fries" has been stripped from these.....they shall now be referred to only as "good but could be better french fries"

I fixed it...

Perfect French Fries

2 quarts peanut oil
Salt and pepper
Cheese
Bacon
Ranch Dressing

Buffalo Wings (optional but highly recommended)

When ready to serve the French fries, reheat the oil to 350 degrees F. Transfer the blanched potatoes to the hot oil and fry again, stirring frequently, until golden brown and puffed, about 1 minute. Transfer to paper lined platter and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.

Then absloutely drench them in cheese and bacon. Provide lots of ranch for dipping. best served with Buffalo Wings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom