French Fry Stop Lands Grandma In Jail (1 Viewer)

Tony The Fish

"Bury Me In Smoke"
Reaction score
CLEARWATER - If anyone was "lovin' it" at the McDonald's that Jean Merola visited Thursday evening, it certainly wasn't her.
The 75-year-old grandmother of eight was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct after she refused a police officer's orders to move her car while she waited for the coffee and fries she ordered at the drive-through window.
"Isn't that terrible?" she said from her Clearwater home Saturday. "Oh my goodness, here I am, a poor little innocent woman waiting for my french fries."
Merola had pulled her Lincoln Town Car to an area to which drive-up customers are directed if their orders will take some time; she had ordered her fries without salt.
While waiting, a Clearwater police officer pulled up behind her and started honking his horn, she said. He also was waving his arms, apparently signaling for her to move her car, she said.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/20/me-french-fry-stop-lands-grandma-in-jail/

The cop was certainly a Scientologist.

see, all cops are good......i mean, she was clearly a threat to society

Sigh, stubborn old lady... I mean come on, do you know how much of an inconvienience it is to make unsalted fries?

He actually slapped the cuffs on the lady? :covri:

If she's eating the fries, salt really isn't going to matter.

Thank god it wasn't at, say, a Dunkin Donuts.....she'd have been shot.

That was bad. Sorry, just sticking with the humor in this.

Not all 75 year old women are sweet little old ladies:

The arrest affidavit states that Merola's car was blocking the drive-through lanes. Parco wrote that he asked her three times to move her car forward a foot to allow cars behind her to pass.
After refusing, Merola yelled at Parco for about 20 minutes, calling him a "brat" and swearing at him, according to the affidavit.
:scratch:

My great aunt was a spicy Cajun woman who enjoyed irritating members of certain groups. She was a widow and ran a beer joint for decades that served lunch to area farmers and oil field workers. She had a mural on the wall of (originally) topless women working an oil rig, which ticked off every Baptist in the area. She was quite proud of that, but she was most proud of holding the record for being the oldest woman ever to be arrested for disorderly conduct at the Winnie Rice Festival, a feat that she seemed determined to top year after year. :9:

He put that in his affadavit?

It must be true then.

There has to be grounds for a "winnable" lawsuit against McDonalds in this thing.

p.s. Why didn't the cop order the pimple-faced teenagers making her fries to move with great alacrity and fill her order (aka hurry the hell up)?

Yeah, really.

Cops NEVER put false statements in affidavits. :rolleyes:

While there are undoubtedly false affidavits made, I don't think we can make the jump and automatically assume that since it is a police officer that filed the affidavit, that his statement must be false.

I would think that the drive thru has a camera that can at least confirm/debunk the affidavit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom