French Needle Attacks (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
PARIS (AP) — Across France, more than 300 people have reported being pricked out of the blue with needles at nightclubs or concerts in recent months. Doctors and multiple prosecutors are on the case, but no one knows who’s doing it or why, and whether the victims have been injected with drugs — or indeed any substance at all.

Club owners and police are trying to raise awareness, and a rapper even interrupted his recent show to warn concert-goers about the risk of surprise needle attacks.

It’s not just France: Britain’s government is studying a spate of “needle spiking” there, and police in Belgium and the Netherlands are investigating scattered cases too.

On May 4, 18-year-old Tomas Laux attended a rap concert in Lille in northern France, where he smoked a bit of marijuana and drank some alcohol during the show. When he came home, he told The Associated Press, he was feeling dizzy and had a headache – and he spotted a strange little skin puncture on his arm and a bruise.

The next morning, the symptoms didn’t disappear and Laux went to his doctor, who advised him to go to the emergency room. Medics confirmed evidence of a needle prick, and Laux was tested for HIV and hepatitis. His results came out negative, like other victims’ so far.

“I’ve given up going to concerts since it happened,” Laux said……

Unless the Chinese are planting a communicable disease in human incubators and this is how the next pandemic starts
Monkeypox was my first thought.

LONDON — She had eagerly looked forward to going home for the holidays and reuniting with friends over dinner and drinks.

Instead, Eva Keeling, 19, says, she wound up injected by a stranger with a needle, leaving her unable to speak or function while at a bar in her hometown of Stafford, in northern England.

“We went outside [the bar] for some fresh air … then I ended up losing all control of my body, the ability to walk, hold my head up, I couldn’t talk — I was projectile vomiting everywhere,” Keeling told The Washington Post.
Days after her April night out, she still felt ill and, while getting dressed, noticed her arm was swollen.

Feeling “petrified,” she rushed to a hospital for blood tests and was screened for diseases such as HIV. Doctors informed her she’d been injected with a “dirty needle,” causing the infection and swelling.

“I was so upset and shocked that it happened to me,” she said.

Keeling is one of hundreds of people across Britain and Europe who have been victims of suspected “needle spiking” — an injection administered without consent or knowledge, often in a bar or nightclub setting, in an attack similar to the more common crime of contaminating alcoholic drinks.

Authorities are grappling with how to prove and combat this kind of hard-to-trace attack and are seeking to raise awareness about the small but growing number of reported cases…..

PARIS (AP) — Across France, more than 300 people have reported being pricked out of the blue with needles at nightclubs or concerts in recent months. Doctors and multiple prosecutors are on the case, but no one knows who’s doing it or why, and whether the victims have been injected with drugs — or indeed any substance at all.

Club owners and police are trying to raise awareness, and a rapper even interrupted his recent show to warn concert-goers about the risk of surprise needle attacks.

It’s not just France: Britain’s government is studying a spate of “needle spiking” there, and police in Belgium and the Netherlands are investigating scattered cases too.

On May 4, 18-year-old Tomas Laux attended a rap concert in Lille in northern France, where he smoked a bit of marijuana and drank some alcohol during the show. When he came home, he told The Associated Press, he was feeling dizzy and had a headache – and he spotted a strange little skin puncture on his arm and a bruise.

The next morning, the symptoms didn’t disappear and Laux went to his doctor, who advised him to go to the emergency room. Medics confirmed evidence of a needle prick, and Laux was tested for HIV and hepatitis. His results came out negative, like other victims’ so far.

“I’ve given up going to concerts since it happened,” Laux said……

How is it that they don't know if drugs were injected or not? Too small of an amount or they were already on drugs?

Can all the believers please pray faster and harder and longer?

Eff it. I'll pray too if you really think it will help. If every capable person on this earth prayed, do you think it'd make a difference?

Why is it that we can't manage not to hurt each other.

Can all the believers please pray faster and harder and longer?

Eff it. I'll pray too if you really think it will help. If every capable person on this earth prayed, do you think it'd make a difference?

Why is it that we can't manage not to destroy each other.

As you are noting, prayer is filler. It's mainly meant to make the person who is offering prayer feel like they are doing something. It's a spiritual adaptation of expressing care or concern. If we were diagraming a solution to a problem, we could include the variable of prayer, or not include it, and it would have no bearing on the outcome. Prayer can even become dangerous when people take it to the extreme of thinking it replaces actual, meaningful action. Like parents praying for their sick child instead of seeking medical care. Or offering prayers as a response to gun violence and never anything more.

I will sometimes still say I am praying for somebody when I am at a loss for other words and I think they are somebody who finds comfort in those sentiments. I'm not really sure where my prayers get directed anymore but I like the idea of something out there beyond the chaos we create and inflict on ourselves and one another. Praying can be nice as long as it's not at the expense of actually doing something to solve a problem.

As you are noting, prayer is filler. It's mainly meant to make the person who is offering prayer feel like they are doing something. It's a spiritual adaptation of expressing care or concern. If we were diagraming a solution to a problem, we could include the variable of prayer, or not include it, and it would have no bearing on the outcome. Prayer can even become dangerous when people take it to the extreme of thinking it replaces actual, meaningful action. Like parents praying for their sick child instead of seeking medical care. Or offering prayers as a response to gun violence and never anything more.

I will sometimes still say I am praying for somebody when I am at a loss for other words and I think they are somebody who finds comfort in those sentiments. I'm not really sure where my prayers get directed anymore but I like the idea of something out there beyond the chaos we create and inflict on ourselves and one another. Praying can be nice as long as it's not at the expense of actually doing something to solve a problem.
I think most people use it like the bolded. For a lot of folks, it's literally their first line of defense.

On the off chance that I'm wrong about it all, I'd be willing to forgo my 'beliefs' and try anything at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom