French Open anyone? (1 Viewer)

I haven't been keeping up with this, but apparently she's been dealing with it since at least 2018.

Post game press conferences in all sports are filled with a bunch of nothing. They should've been changed to optional long time ago. Or maybe give players an incentive to participate.

How often do we have to keep learning the same lesson that everyone deals with **** and everyone’s **** is different and probably hard to deal with

I get that we get jealous of athletes (and movie actors and musical acts) and think they should be 100% grateful and we’d love to trade our problems for theirs
But maybe we should try always to lead with empathy (except for those whose problems directly injure others)

So, Koepfer goes TOE TO TOE with Fed for 3.5 hours in a four setter. 7-6 (7-5), 6-7 (3-7), 7-6 (7-4), 7-5.

Less than 12 hours later, Fed withdraws!!

Bunch of BS for Koepfer if ax me! We won't mention Koepfer spitting on the court.

Last edited:
How often do we have to keep learning the same lesson that everyone deals with **** and everyone’s **** is different and probably hard to deal with

I get that we get jealous of athletes (and movie actors and musical acts) and think they should be 100% grateful and we’d love to trade our problems for theirs
But maybe we should try always to lead with empathy (except for those whose problems directly injure others)
I don't deal with much **** at all. Because I made choices to give up more money and not do things I didn't want to do. If she's able to use her clout to get out of doing things she doesn't like doing, good for her. If boycotting these tournaments hurts the organization enough for them to alter their contracts and procedures, also good for her.

but if that doesn't work out, then she also has the option to take a pay cut and take on a job that makes her happy (or at least less miserable) as most of us do.

Osaka has withdrawn.

The right call.. should have been a super duper easy, binary choice... GO TAKE CARE OF YOUR MENTAL HEALTH... that is far and away the #1 priority, not playing silly tennis matches.
totally agree. i could never be famous (i mean, to me i am a superstar), because i would totally go insane under the pressure of having to talk to people... who represent millions of other people. fork that.

to kinda change the subject, i feel bad for some people of fame. it must suck to be well above average (downplaying the superstardom) at something, yet having to have the entire world breathing down your neck because of it. in this day and age, you are famous, you are forked. athletes, actors, zeetes, blah blah. i know some love it for the fame, but i doubt that number is as high as those who don't.

I don't deal with much **** at all. Because I made choices to give up more money and not do things I didn't want to do. If she's able to use her clout to get out of doing things she doesn't like doing, good for her. If boycotting these tournaments hurts the organization enough for them to alter their contracts and procedures, also good for her.

but if that doesn't work out, then she also has the option to take a pay cut and take on a job that makes her happy (or at least less miserable) as most of us do.
this. that would be my choice. i don't think the money is more important than mental stability.

totally agree. i could never be famous (i mean, to me i am a superstar), because i would totally go insane under the pressure of having to talk to people... who represent millions of other people. fork that.

to kinda change the subject, i feel bad for some people of fame. it must suck to be well above average (downplaying the superstardom) at something, yet having to have the entire world breathing down your neck because of it. in this day and age, you are famous, you are forked. athletes, actors, zeetes, blah blah. i know some love it for the fame, but i doubt that number is as high as those who don't.
Because of the nature of arts funding, many dancers and choreographers have to be their own agents and publicists and producers
- it should shock no one to imagine that the venn circle overlap of someone great at both their art and their business is a very skinny football
- there really should be no expectation that someone great at their craft is equipped to handle the ancillary aspects of that greatness

Because of the nature of arts funding, many dancers and choreographers have to be their own agents and publicists and producers
- it should shock no one to imagine that the venn circle overlap of someone great at both their art and their business is a very skinny football
- there really should be no expectation that someone great at their craft is equipped to handle the ancillary aspects of that greatness
that really sucks. i guess it would be kinda like representing yourself in a court of law against johnnie cochran (the media/world).

I think, like most things in life- “fame” or “superstardom” is a trade off.. Speaking for myself, i know for a fact that i would have been TERRIBLE at being famous.. i would have totally, 100% been the guy punching out photographers and having a perpetual mad-at-the-world look on my face, and feeling all bitter if I couldn’t leave my house without paparazzi in my face.... BUT i think there’s a reason that the Alec Baldwins and the Sean Penns of the world dont move to some remote island off the coast of Maine and avoid all that **** - i think in their minds they realize that, for them at least- the trade off is worth it.. probably for some combination of money/career reasons- even though both could (maybe?) afford to not work anymore.. Also, if youve ever watched shows like Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee, where they ruminate about this stuff- Jerry Seinfeld for instance says he hated NOT being famous, says he’d never want to go back to having anonymity.

I support Osaka's decision, I also get why people might be more quick to give Ferderer the benefit of the doubt. He's a grizzled vet who has won championships and done a lot for the sport. Osaka is still fairly new to most people and really hasn't earned the respect of a lot of people. Not really fair, but it is what it is.

I support Osaka's decision, I also get why people might be more quick to give Ferderer the benefit of the doubt. He's a grizzled vet who has won championships and done a lot for the sport. Osaka is still fairly new to most people and really hasn't earned the respect of a lot of people. Not really fair, but it is what it is.
Well you just outlined the problem in a nutshell.

Well you just outlined the problem in a nutshell.

I’m not sure it’s really the problem.. i think that if someone with years of equity in the sport, and multiple Grand Slam championships like Federer or Serena Williams had come out last week with the mental health situation like Osaka had- the reaction and ‘backlash’ may have been different .. honestly that aspect of sports isnt much different than every day life, in that if you’ve built a reputation for decades and have more equity, people will be more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt than they would to a rising superstar like Osaka... It’s similar to what ive been saying for years about Colin Kapernick- i dont have a problem at all with him taking a knee.. the problem IMO was the messenger; he just wasnt a very good QB, at least after the one super bowl run.. i have always thought that if Russell Wilson, or Peyton Manning, or Mahomes did the EXACT same things, made the exact same stands (or kneels) as Karpernick made- the ‘movement’ would have gotten much more traction and gone much, much further.

I’m not sure it’s really the problem.. i think that if someone with years of equity in the sport, and multiple Grand Slam championships like Federer or Serena Williams had come out last week with the mental health situation like Osaka had- the reaction and ‘backlash’ may have been different .. honestly that aspect of sports isnt much different than every day life, in that if you’ve built a reputation for decades and have more equity, people will be more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt than they would to a rising superstar like Osaka... It’s similar to what ive been saying for years about Colin Kapernick- i dont have a problem at all with him taking a knee.. the problem IMO was the messenger; he just wasnt a very good QB, at least after the one super bowl run.. i have always thought that if Russell Wilson, or Peyton Manning, or Mahomes did the EXACT same things, made the exact same stands (or kneels) as Karpernick made- the ‘movement’ would have gotten much more traction and gone much, much further.
She is a grand slam champ. While I don’t think her withdrawal was inappropriate, I think comparing the situations and responses is valid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom