Fresh Prince Reboot (1 Viewer)

This was a fan made trailer but Will Smith liked it so much him and Quincy Jones got with the guy who made it and they are currently shopping it to streaming services.

As to why everything is a reboot or sequel, it’s simple economics. There is a ton of original content out there. Frankly there’s too much, so much that it’s hard for good writers to get attention because of the glut of scripts being passed around. However, anything with a built in audience goes to the front of the line (you have to own the rights to get it read). It costs millions to make a movie or TV show. That’s a big risk and a built in audience reduces the risk (it doesn’t eliminate it).

AAAABbQvdAAOZch2izbSXs12Q3pjtmMjBr098vl_igq9nmok6eUR3fe8uB0HLrODZVf_GsE2iJxOR9dtPhiKJZ9jabtDjgd7KQjsbnaIhGG6VWAeZ45w.jpg

I always assumed these were the guys in Philly who were up to no good and started causing trouble in the neighborhood.

That looks awful. Not sure why anyone would watch that after watching the trailer

This was a fan made trailer but Will Smith liked it so much him and Quincy Jones got with the guy who made it and they are currently shopping it to streaming services.

As to why everything is a reboot or sequel, it’s simple economics. There is a ton of original content out there. Frankly there’s too much, so much that it’s hard for good writers to get attention because of the glut of scripts being passed around. However, anything with a built in audience goes to the front of the line (you have to own the rights to get it read). It costs millions to make a movie or TV show. That’s a big risk and a built in audience reduces the risk (it doesn’t eliminate it).
And services can use those hooks to get eyes on their other offerings

and though this doesn’t really exist, I would hesitate to call that a reboot - in a similar way I wouldn’t call battlestar gallactica a reboot - recontextualizing maybe

so there are reboots because people do not demand more and will go see anything. This doesn't look half as bad as most of it does. But I generally pass. Audiences in general are just weak. We don't get unbiased news anymore because not enough people demand it. In fact, by tuning in to the other stuff we demand just the opposite. Its not the networks fault. Its not Hollywoods fault that most of their movies have been concentrating on CGI over content for well over a decade. Its audiences.

so there are reboots because people do not demand more and will go see anything. This doesn't look half as bad as most of it does. But I generally pass. Audiences in general are just weak. We don't get unbiased news anymore because not enough people demand it. In fact, by tuning in to the other stuff we demand just the opposite. Its not the networks fault. Its not Hollywoods fault that most of their movies have been concentrating on CGI over content for well over a decade. Its audiences.
yup.

yep.

Uncle Phil need to throw this crap out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom