Fresh Prince Reboot (1 Viewer)

so there are reboots because people do not demand more and will go see anything. This doesn't look half as bad as most of it does. But I generally pass. Audiences in general are just weak. We don't get unbiased news anymore because not enough people demand it. In fact, by tuning in to the other stuff we demand just the opposite. Its not the networks fault. Its not Hollywoods fault that most of their movies have been concentrating on CGI over content for well over a decade. Its audiences.
We are us

I still think that this was very well put together

If the assignment is you must reimagine Fresh Prince as a drama you could do a lot worse than this

I won't lie, I am intrigued.

I told my wife about 15 years ago that at some point, writers are going to run out of ideas and re-boots of old shows will become the new thing. It has happened and has been a bit shaky in most instances, but this may be the one that draws me into the new fad.

I told my wife about 15 years ago that at some point, writers are going to run out of ideas and re-boots of old shows will become the new thing. It has happened and has been a bit shaky in most instances, but this may be the one that draws me into the new fad.
I’d actually love to see an analysis of this
It’s not like new material is consistently awesome
If I’m guessing, reboots and new ideas have a similar track record

I am not surprised they rebooted Fresh Prince - I *am* surprised the reboot is not the 'Fresh Princess' with an all-female cast.

Oh, they will have episodes on the subject.

Fresh Prince followed the tradition of Cosby Show and A Different World in combining comedy with addressing key social and cultural issues at the time, often in ways that were intended to make people uncomfortable. They will address the issues that get under people's craw now. You can bet on that.

Oh, they will have episodes on the subject.

Fresh Prince followed the tradition of Cosby Show and A Different World in combining comedy with addressing key social and cultural issues at the time, often in ways that were intended to make people uncomfortable. They will address the issues that get under people's craw now. You can bet on that.

Is this reboot going to be a movie or a series?

Seems like it could kind of have a basketball meets Friday Night Lights vibe.

"Friday Night Lights meets Creed meets Hoop Dreams.. with a heart!"

I think the phenomenon has been going on for a lot longer than 15 years

There seems to be a 20-30 year lag in the reboots,reimaginings, sequels as new power players emerge in Hollywood and they want to remake or revisit their childhood favorites

I think the difference now is that there are so many more platforms and opportunities

If 30 years ago X number of new shows and movies were green lit today that number has to be 3x, 4x?

"Friday Night Lights meets Creed meets Hoop Dreams.. with a heart!"

Well, FNL has a heart, IMO. I was thinking more along the lines of "outcast student integrates (not in a racial sense) to high school via atheletics but still has difficulty adjusting because of a challenging background". Could be a stretch.

Well, FNL has a heart, IMO. I was thinking more along the lines of "outcast student integrates (not in a racial sense) to high school via atheletics but still has difficulty adjusting because of a challenging background". Could be a stretch.

No I get it - it was a joke from some old movie about Hollywood - The Player - starts off with a bunch of writers making pitches to the studio

Studio: So it’s a psychic, political, thriller comedy with a heart.
Writer: With a heart, not unlike Ghost meets Manchurian Candidate.

A series. My little birdies in the biz tell me a deal with one of the major streaming services is imminent. Will Smith is pushing this hard and he usually gets what he wants (see the tragedy that was The Karate Kid).

I always said I thought the story really suited itself to a drama. A fish-out-of-water story that explores not only the rich-poor angle but the rich black culture-poor black culture angle. They did it in FPoBA but in a funny way. I think taking a serious look has a lot of potential if they don't get ham-fisted with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom