Freshmen female college athletes in hot water after making "I can't breathe" video (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Well these two are apparently incoming freshman college athletes and Mizzou is looking into the incident. I say revoke their scholarship offers. Marquette did that for a lady lacrosse player who made an inappropriate comment about Floyd's death. I think this video is definitely worse.
View attachment Untitled.mp4

How do we know they are referencing George Floyd?

Teenagers in horseplay saying someone 'can't breathe' seems somewhat commonplace. Why is this supposedly about Floyd?

Genuinely curious. If you're going to take a kid's scholarship away, I think that part should be reasonably clear.

How do we know they are referencing George Floyd?

Teenagers in horseplay saying someone 'can't breathe' seems somewhat commonplace. Why is this supposedly about Floyd?

Genuinely curious. If you're going to take a kid's scholarship away, I think that part should be reasonably clear.
It was made two days ago. Also knee to the neck area. They know what they were doing.

It was made two days ago. Also knee to the neck area. They know what they were doing.

I can guarantee you that when I was 18 or 19, I had a knee on a friend's upper chest area and joked that he couldn't breathe. Seems pretty common play - I'm just saying if you're going to sanction somebody, there needs to be more than 'they know what they're doing."

Poor timing to make a video like around these times though. Like I said they are in hot water and school is looking into it. Nothing had been finalized yet so they might not get into any trouble but now it could be very awkward for them.

Not sure I see anything her other than some girls messing around. I'm sure there's a ton of people who will want to string them.

That's not the neck area, though. The girl on top is kneeling on the other girl's chest.

Probably didn't want to actually hurt her. They knew what they were doing though. Girl on top has since rescinded her enrollment and is not attending Mizzou anymore.

Not sure I see anything her other than some girls messing around. I'm sure there's a ton of people who will want to string them.

The timing of posting it is obviously tone deaf but it could easily be entirely coincidental - certainly doesn’t look like anything more than horseplay to me. Teenagers don’t always live in the moment if current events like adults do, you can’t presume any intent to reference George Floyd.

Maybe there’s more evidence - maybe the school will ask them what was going on. But looks pretty weak to me to just presume it. That kind of stuff often ends up undermining the cause.

Even though it may be an innocent video. It's super bad timing especially after other students had offers revoked already by other schools. It just looks bad as well. I know tons of female college freshman students and live with three of them. Never seen anyone play like that. They even said they wouldn't even record that these days with what it depicts

Dumb prank at worst and certainly plenty enough plausible deniability in my eyes; I don't think it rises to the level of their lives needing to be ruined for it.

They've already learned their lesson; hopefully they don't get kicked out of school and can learn from this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom