Friday (10/14) Injury Report for the Panthers Game (1 Viewer)

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
New Orleans Saints Friday Injury Report presented by Ochsner Sports Medicine Institute

New Orleans Saints Injury Report

T Terron Armstead (knee) DNP Out

CB Delvin Breaux (fibula) DNP Out

LB Dannell Ellerbe(quad) DNP Out

S Erik Harris (knee) DNP IR

DE Paul Kruger (back) DNP Questionable

TE Josh Hill (ankle) Limited Questionable

G Senio Kelemete (hamstring) Limited Questionable

LB James Laurinaitis (quad) Limited Questionable

Welp...no Ellerbe or Armstead again. No surprise since they haven't practiced all week. I still think we'll take this one.

Here's the Panthers:

Carolina Panthers Injury Report

Cb James Bradberry (foot) DNP Out

T Michael Oher (concussion) DNP Out

DT Paul Soliai (foot) DNP Out

CB Robert McClain (hamstring) DNP Out

DT Vernon Butler (ankle) DNP Out

DE Charles Johnson (quad) Limited Questionable

WR Kelvin Benjamin (knee) Limited Questionable

QB Cam Newton (concussion) Full Questionable

RB Jonathan Stewart (hamstring) Full Questionable

TE Ed Dickson (Illness) Full

LS J.J. Jansen Not injury related Full

I expect Cam and Stuart to play. We need to bring the wood. I don't believe in intentionally hurting players. But we definitely need to be physical. If he gets hit enough, he will play guarded. Cam is not a very good passer when he looses his ability to run. He tends to throw high. This has to do with his mechanics. I've watched him p,at multiple games this year. He tends to throw without setting HS feet, which causes his passes to sail high or wide.

I expect Cam and Stuart to play. We need to bring the wood. I don't believe in intentionally hurting players. But we definitely need to be physical. If he gets hit enough, he will play guarded. Cam is not a very good passer when he looses his ability to run. He tends to throw high. This has to do with his mechanics. I've watched him p,at multiple games this year. He tends to throw without setting HS feet, which causes his passes to sail high or wide.

I just typed a post in another thread that basically says the exact same thing you said here.

We will with this game and I think it's for simple reasons.

Their offensive/defensive lines are trending down
Our offensive/defensive lines are trending up.

That should be the biggest factor. Our tag tag defense has been playing together for a few weeks now
Their rag Tag defense is just starting to break down at the CB position and will have 2 new players yet again this week.

In addition to LCB issues (starter and reserve out) behind Short and Star they have almost zero depth at DT.

Is it wrong of me to truly believe that Ellerby doesn't want to play any more (possibly due to concussion concerns) but still wants the money, so he feigns injuries? It's probably wrong but at this point I'm leaning that direction. He's done jack squat the last 3 seasons and has been making starter money the entire time, but he played well enough in the preseason (and was miraculously healthy) only to get hurt and not be able to play for half of the regular season with some quad injury.

/end rant

Hopefully Rankins and Breaux will be ready in a couple of weeks.

Is it wrong of me to truly believe that Ellerby doesn't want to play any more (possibly due to concussion concerns) but still wants the money, so he feigns injuries? It's probably wrong but at this point I'm leaning that direction. He's done jack squat the last 3 seasons and has been making starter money the entire time, but he played well enough in the preseason (and was miraculously healthy) only to get hurt and not be able to play for half of the regular season with some quad injury.

/end rant

Hopefully Rankins and Breaux will be ready in a couple of weeks.

It's not wrong for you to think that, but it is wrong. We have doctors who evaluate these guys. If he was faking it, they would know and No team on earth would allow that.

It's not wrong for you to think that, but it is wrong. We have doctors who evaluate these guys. If he was faking it, they would know and No team on earth would allow that.

The Saints have the worst medical staff in the league. How many times have injuries been misdiagnosed in the last 10 years? These dudes go to Philly to get the real scoop because our guys can't even diagnose a hernia. Also, I'm not a fan but I can't help but notice the Pelicans players are always jacked up too. Do they share the same training and/or medical staff? Is it the humidity? I just don't get it but the Saints (and possibly Pelicans) get a healthy dose of the injury bug EVERY YEAR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom