Friday Injury report: Murray and Taysom return to practice, Hendrickson will play Sunday, P Rob ruled out (merged) (1 Viewer)

I guess I’m just mentally coming to accept that Taysom will be out Sunday. Does that hurt? Yes. Can the saints mitigate his absence? I don’t know... probably. But he went from being a novelty to critical cog in the machine. Hope he’s okay. But preparing for the worst.

As of yesterday Taysom is not playing. My source is not with the Saints. Its basically Taysom saying it.
I agree with why the original content was removed, but I'll retract my statement since it was found to be overly abrasive.

Last edited:
hankster, respectfully, I think you might be at the “denial” stage of the grieving process.

I don’t think you can expect a person to directly reveal their source. jbob shared a bit of information, which from time to time this site is great for. He appears to be standing by it. His comments predated the PFT article which was supposedly based on feedback from multiple players to the effect that Hill won’t play.

I hope it’s all wrong, of course, but it certainly doesn’t seem that way. I’d be very surprised if Hill plays at this point.

So your source is not with the Saints, but it's basically Taysom. You're aware Taysom IS with the Saints, right? How is your source basically Taysom Hill yet still not with the Saints? Can you explain basically to me? I think I'm lost.

You have to realize you're basically putting words in a player's mouth and they appear to be completely wrong. Site a source or at the very least stop implying your information came from Taysom Hill. "Basically Taysom" implies this came from the player himself and all evidence from his employer says you're wrong.

he has to mean that he knows a family member or friend of Taysom.

For everyone ripping jbob: check his posting history. He’s had solid info on Taysom before.

Also, it does no good for Payton to tell the Bucs Taysom isn’t playing. You can bet they’ve spent valuable time preparing for him and will spend even more focusing on Taysom packages in today’s walk through and meetings.

Finally, Taysom’s best attribute is his explosiveness. If the knee is that bad that it’s even a question, he shouldn’t play simply for the fact that he won’t be effective. We’d probably be better off using direct snaps to AK or even handing off to Burton in short yardage.

Yea, I don't really get why people are ripping @jbob over this, especially @hankster2...your post sounds so salty. Specifically the way you nitpick phrasing and vocabulary.

His original post that was removed wasn't throwing it in anyone's faces nor did it come off high and mighty. He offered up info from what he considered a reliable source. It's also not inconceivable that the Saints are being coy with it by the Q designation and will rule him out tomorrow, which is what a few on here have already predicted. This appears to be supported by the PFT article. We'll see but in the meantime there's no harm in keeping an open mind about it and discussing.

Third and One Taysom Hill will be missed as he just runs with no fear. Second and Eight drop back run for his life or missed throw Taysom Hill will not be missed when Brees was in stride. It's a give and take for me but utimately I think we will miss him if he's not active. He just fires up everyone around him and that's a good thing.

we need PROB against this time. Who are our CB's?

1. Lattimore - Evans
2. Jenkins - Godwin
3. CGJ - Brown
4. PJ Williams - Miller
5.Malcomn Jenkins - Gronk
6. Demario Davis - Brate
7. Anzalone - RB
I'd rather Jack Rabbit on Brown and CGJ on Godwin.

For everyone ripping jbob: check his posting history. He’s had solid info on Taysom before.

Also, it does no good for Payton to tell the Bucs Taysom isn’t playing. You can bet they’ve spent valuable time preparing for him and will spend even more focusing on Taysom packages in today’s walk through and meetings.

Finally, Taysom’s best attribute is his explosiveness. If the knee is that bad that it’s even a question, he shouldn’t play simply for the fact that he won’t be effective. We’d probably be better off using direct snaps to AK or even handing off to Burton in short yardage.

Never trust a man who limits who can see his profile lol

After the rumors yesterday and he was “limited” that afternoon - I kind of wonder if Hill will be out but Payton didn’t want to give the Bucs too much advanced notice.

I’m guessing he’ll be a “game time decision”.

After the rumors yesterday and he was “limited” that afternoon - I kind of wonder if Hill will be out but Payton didn’t want to give the Bucs too much advanced notice.

I’m guessing he’ll be a “game time decision”.
I'm thinking the deadline for declaring inactives. Game time with Hill out would waste a spot for active players.

I'm thinking the deadline for declaring inactives. Game time with Hill out would waste a spot for active players.
Good point. I don’t think Taysom plays. I just watched his plays from the second half of the Bears game and he’s clearly a step slow and hobbled on several runs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom