Friday Seafood report (1 Viewer)

Ah, no wonder.

I have heard good things about Fury's but have never made it there. Is it worth it?

It's solid. It has the old-school white tablecloth feel (and the octogenarian crowd). But it's a classic neigborhood menu, well done with fresh ingredients at a good price point. And they have Miller High Life on tap.

Recommended.

Irony alert, I watched 'Burger Land' on Travel Channel last night, and the episode was in NOLA, so one of the 4 places he ate at was Bozo's for a hamburger po-boy. I grew up in Metry and hadn't heard of Bozo's till said episode.

Actually, Bozo's had a good hamburger poboy, but as I noted earlier, they definitely declined.

My late father-in-law lived in Metairie and he liked Bozo's;it was the first place that my son ate raw oysters. He was only about 5 or 6 years old then, and I was impressed, because there was no way I could have eaten them raw at that age. (I just asked him if he still remembers this, and he did, because the "clown name" stuck with him.)

Never went back there after my wife's dad died, so didn't know about the downhill alert; will remember the memory fondly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom