Fried Onion Rings thread! (1 Viewer)

I think some locations may still have them.
Yep it is a franchise by franchise decision to have them. Picayune Popeyes has them.

Dempsey's in Kiln, MS has awesome ones.... of course the owner is the daughter of Jack Dempsey's soooo....and I had some last night!!!

ok so this was many years ago, but saia's supermarket deli in mandeville used to have the best onion rings. they were greasy as can be and this was probably 20 years ago. might be worth a call to check and see if they still do them right though. they were cajun and had a good spice.

Comeback Inn sponsered my little league team (played at what is now Lafreniere Park) back in 1974-75

My wife and I were talking about onion rings not too long ago. Even though she's from Virginia, she's had good onion rings in New Orleans and knows some of the places we have talked about on this thread.

Her take is that in most of the country, onion rings are a frozen, pre-prepared and sad version of what they could be. But in New Orleans, most places make them fresh daily. They cut up fresh onions, dredge 'em through the batter, and drop 'em in the fryer.

It's a good take.

Also relevant to this discussion - the "onion mum" or "Bloomin Onion" (in Outback-speak). A fine variation on the fried onion concept. They can be a little greasy, but still very nice.

Although, I'm not sure where you can currently get one (other than Outback). The last one I had was at a Zephyr's game.

Also relevant to this discussion - the "onion mum" or "Bloomin Onion" (in Outback-speak). A fine variation on the fried onion concept. They can be a little greasy, but still very nice.

Although, I'm not sure where you can currently get one (other than Outback). The last one I had was at a Zephyr's game.

I'm a fan of shoe-string fried onions. They are usually served in the form an an artful pile.

No longer around, but how many of you had onion rings from Chester's??? It was a place near Ameila. Chicken and onion rings were da bomb.

forking outback and their fake australian dishes.

i do like them though. texas roadhouse may have them?

I'm a fan of shoe-string fried onions. They are usually served in the form an an artful pile.

Those are my favorites. Better than the thick cut, more traditional ones, although I enjoy those too. I like a mayo based dip with some heat to it. I can't think of a place that does it here in the DC area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom