Food Fried rice (1 Viewer)

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Sticky Post
I'm making shrimp fried rice tomorrow for dinner(fried rice is my latest obsession, move over onion soup!) and I wanted to know anyone thinks I should add bell pepper to it? I'm thinking of adding it at the end.

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Are you all crazy?

Use Tony Chachere's on everything.

Where are you people from?

Yankees like @Madmarsha?

Thank God California sells it.

I really would move back.
I was afraid when I first moved here and couldn't find Old Bay Seasoning. Old Bay >>>>>> Tony Chachere's (but I can find it here now and have both in the cupboard).

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was afraid when I first moved here and couldn't find Old Bay Seasoning. Old Bay >>>>>> Tony Chachere's (but I can find it here now and have both in the cupboard).
Funny story-

many years ago a hosted a crawfish boil for a Maryland native. He was a fed agent stationed here for couple years.

so to return the favor, he said he would do crabs while i do crawfish. GREAT! some good boiling goin on.

Welp i was NOT prepared for what he brought out. It was a tray of crabs BURIED under what looked to me like mud. im like ok what in the world is THAT?!?!?!

Hes like "Dude that is OLD BAY- the GOOD stuff!!!!" Apparently "seasoning" means layering the Old Bay on TOP of the steamed crabs ( steamed not boiled ) and allowing it to "settle in" -

i didnt even know where to begin. lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom