Food Fried rice (1 Viewer)

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic/ghost
Reaction score
I'm making shrimp fried rice tomorrow for dinner(fried rice is my latest obsession, move over onion soup!) and I wanted to know anyone thinks I should add bell pepper to it? I'm thinking of adding it at the end.

I can’t imagine it so I can’t say for certain it won’t work. I’m not a fan of bell pepper except chopped small in trinity though so I don’t think I would like it added at the end. I hate raw bell pepper in salads.

stuffed bell Pepper is awesome. Well the inside anyway.

I can’t imagine it so I can’t say for certain it won’t work. I’m not a fan of bell pepper except chopped small in trinity though so I don’t think I would like it added at the end. I hate raw bell pepper in salads.

stuffed bell Pepper is awesome. Well the inside anyway.

I used to hate bell pepper when I was a kid but now I think it's awesome. I also think I'd like the added crunch from it by adding it at the end. I guess my real question is do you think adding bell pepper would be a plus or minus?

True but it has onion, green onion and carrots already.

Add egg to that and you have fried rice. Add bell peppers and you're making something else, jambalaya maybe, but not really fried rice. BUT, it's for you! If you want fried rice with bell peppers...do it.

Add egg to that and you have fried rice. Add bell peppers and you're making something else, jambalaya maybe, but not really fried rice. BUT, it's for you! If you want fried rice with bell peppers...do it.

I definitely have eggs in it and I make awesome scrambled eggs. I just wanted to see if I was crazy for thinking of adding bell peppers to it because I hadn't seen a single recipe calling for it.

Another alteration I have in mind is that when I cook the shrimp I want to basically make my bbq shrimp and add that to it but that would require a capfull of crab boil and some thyme. Should I add those two? I'm not sure how that would pair with the sauces I already have in it.

I used to hate bell pepper when I was a kid but now I think it's awesome. I also think I'd like the added crunch from it by adding it at the end. I guess my real question is do you think adding bell pepper would be a plus or minus?

well that’s the thing. I don’t think I could tell you without tasting it Because while I am not a fan of raw bell pepper I do like it in some applications. And if I wanted crunch I would probably seek a different ingredient. Or for that matter a different dish. But that’s just me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom