friend with ALS story (1 Viewer)

sidwin

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
So i got a friend who lives in Denver and his wife of 18 years has been diagnosed with aggressive ALS. One of her bucket list items is to watch broncos game and since it is almost impossible to get her tickets in Denver he asked me if i could get him some here. I reached out to a friend of mine who has season tickets but i had to get enough for her nurses and my friend.

I got the tickets which are lower level then my friend had the dome convert them to handicap ticket. Didn't know that was possible but for anyone who needs handicap tickets you must exchange them at the ticketbox in person or by mail.

I tried reaching out to steve gleason and after a couple of tries and several weeks later, and months, someone at his foundation answered. My friend's wife asked if i could get a meeting with him. By now she can't speak anymore and has lost her ability to walk and talk. Steve's make a wish secured them pregame passes. I gave up my two tickets so they could get a total of 4. I'll be home watching them next week while they get to meet steve.

Thanks to steve gleason foundation for making this happen. i know it doesn't sound like much but for a person who doesn't have that much time left, any thing on her bucket list is priceless.

WHO DAT!

That's great work. Kudos to you sir.

Amazing!

tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

definitely Kudos to you dude...... it will repay you one day, trust me.

Thanks for being their great friend.

I watched the Gleason movie with my wife this weekend. The saddest part for me was when he knew he was losing his voice. Seeing the steps of als was painful.

Seeing Steve step up to help just makes me proud of our team and players.

Big-time props to you and the foundation. The wife of a longtime family friend was diagnosed with it last year. A fundraising walk for her was held just two weeks ago in Audubon Park. At this point, we're just hoping she gets enough help to lessen her suffering.

That's awesome all around. On you for helping out and for giving up your seats for them, the Saints for converting them to handicapped seating and to the Gleason Foundation for the support.

I personally think you should hit up stubhub or ticket exchange and buy yourself another pair so you can be there with them. You may not be able to be on the field pre-game but you can be there with them for everything else.

What an incredibly gracious act on your part. Many many kudos to you.

I'm assuming that someone has reached out to the Broncos organization about her story?

Did y'all see Steve's tweet during Game 7 of the World Series?

"I'm so nervous I can't move."

That's awesome all around. On you for helping out and for giving up your seats for them, the Saints for converting them to handicapped seating and to the Gleason Foundation for the support.

I personally think you should hit up stubhub or ticket exchange and buy yourself another pair so you can be there with them. You may not be able to be on the field pre-game but you can be there with them for everything else.

honestly would love to be on the field and meet steve but it isn't my time ;) 4 more tickets will be $$$ i'm more than glad to give them to him.

You're a beautiful soul and what a great friend. Namaste

WhoDat! NoWhiteFlags!

my friend and his wife got a chance to meet with steve. he was pretty funny telling her that he was a broncos fan.

it was sad when she met him. she realized what is lying ahead for her. Steve offered them further assistance if they need it. What a great guy. we all tried our best to help achieve this bucket list item.

One recommendation i would tell anyone. When you meet someone with ALS PLEASE make sure you talk directly to them and treat them just like you would if they could communicate normally. I found it uncomfortable when people would talk about her to speak loudly like she was deaf.

Thanks,
Sid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom