Fringe: Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I can't believe that I forgot about the new season starting back tonight. I'm sure it will be up on Hulu soon, but did anyone catch it?

<object width="512" height="296"><param name="movie" value="http://www.hulu.com/embed/z13GupypQLRZWtyGG-1dvw"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.hulu.com/embed/z13GupypQLRZWtyGG-1dvw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" width="512" height="296"></embed></object>

Anyone heard about the "glyphs" and the codes?

GlyphCodeKey.jpg

I'm a fan of the show. I don't know anyone else who watches it. Will be keeping tabs on this thread.

Nice season beginning episode.

You just knew when you heard the two shots ( and scene cuts away ) that Charlie was shapeshifted.

I also think this season Peter finds out about what really happened to him...The hints are becoming more prevelant ( he and Walter grocery shopping talking about custard, the greek phrase etc )

I am kind of anxious to see the oppositions' universe.

Supposedly Abrams wasn't going to reveal the new universe until the third season, but fans were beginning to catch so they revealed it earlier than anticipated. Regardless, I'm very happy with the direction this show is taking.

Last season I couldn't place where I had seen Walter before in a film and then it dawned on my when snoozing through and Saturday afternoon movie:

denethor_f.jpg

except the whole Charlie thing---obviously a JJ Abrams standby---like Frannie from Alias
Love the show, and I finally got to watch the premiere. It was a good episode, but this plot point worries me. The Francie clone/double plot was a big part of what ruined the later seasons of Alias. They took away the characters (Francie and, later, Will) that humanized Sydney, so it's a bit disheartening to see them going to this again so soon.

That said, I thought Anna Torv's acting improved a good bit. She did a nice job with the vulnerable/shaken vibe that contrasted well with her traditional tough-girl persona.

Again, I just hope that the show end up more like Lost (where there's a definite long-term plan for what's going on) than Alias or Heroes, which suffered precipitous drops in quality after great debuts because they didn't have a long-term plan in mind.

I really liked the new FBI chick. She will bring a new (religion) vibe to the show. In case you missed it at the end of the premiere, she is comparing the cases to points in the bible. Armageddon?

I really liked the new FBI chick. She will bring a new (religion) vibe to the show. In case you missed it at the end of the premiere, she is comparing the cases to points in the bible. Armageddon?
I was very pleasantly surprised with her. Considering her background as a Deal or No Deal model, I was skeptical of her acting skills, but she was at least acceptable, and I think her character has potential, especially the religion angle, which is something none of the other characters bring to the table.

Charlie is back now with no explanation? ***?!?! Is the timeline skewed now? What gives dang it.

Basically a way to test the timeslot following House to see what it does for Fringe's ratings. It was great earlier in the week during season 1, but it's largely getting lost in the weeds during the Thursday night timeslot this year. Hopefully it makes the move back to Mondays after House, let Lie to Me follow American Idol this season, and everybody rides off into the sunset with solid ratings.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom