From Bags To Riches book tour (1 Viewer)

scooter

Rookie
Reaction score
Greetings all:

Just wanted to give everyone the scheduled dates for my upcoming book signings for my new book "From Bags To Riches." I've been humbled by reviews we'v received so far and am excited about the end product. We're also trying to nail down signings in Jackson, Miss. and potentially Oxford, Miss., with Deuce McAllister. For the unitiated, Deuce wrote the foreward for the book. Also trying to schedule a signing in Mobile, Ala. Hope to see as many of you as possible between now and the holidays.

JEFF DUNCAN BOOK SIGNINGS

Friday, Dec. 3: 11 a.m., Bent Pages, 1422 Barrow St., Houma.
Friday, Dec. 3: 3:30 p.m., Cherry Books, 1054 Canal Blvd., Thibodaux.
Thursday, Dec. 9: 5:30 p.m., Garden District Book Shop, 2727 Prytania St.
Saturday, Dec. 11: 2 p.m., Barnes & Noble, 15246 Crossroads Pkwy., Gulfport, Miss.
Friday, Dec. 17: 5 p.m., Geaux for the Gold, 790 East I-10 Service Road, Slidell.
Tuesday, Dec. 21: 5:30 p.m., Barnes & Noble/Westbank, 1601 Westbank Expressway
Thursday, Dec. 23: 11 a.m., Octavia Books, 513 Octavia St.

If you can't make it in person, signed copies are available online at AcadianHouse.com or through Amazon.com and Barnesandnobles.com.

Greetings all:

Just wanted to give everyone the scheduled dates for my upcoming book signings for my new book "From Bags To Riches." I've been humbled by reviews we'v received so far and am excited about the end product. We're also trying to nail down signings in Jackson, Miss. and potentially Oxford, Miss., with Deuce McAllister. For the unitiated, Deuce wrote the foreward for the book. Also trying to schedule a signing in Mobile, Ala. Hope to see as many of you as possible between now and the holidays.

JEFF DUNCAN BOOK SIGNINGS

Friday, Dec. 3: 11 a.m., Bent Pages, 1422 Barrow St., Houma.
Friday, Dec. 3: 3:30 p.m., Cherry Books, 1054 Canal Blvd., Thibodaux.
Thursday, Dec. 9: 5:30 p.m., Garden District Book Shop, 2727 Prytania St.
Saturday, Dec. 11: 2 p.m., Barnes & Noble, 15246 Crossroads Pkwy., Gulfport, Miss.
Friday, Dec. 17: 5 p.m., Geaux for the Gold, 790 East I-10 Service Road, Slidell.
Tuesday, Dec. 21: 5:30 p.m., Barnes & Noble/Westbank, 1601 Westbank Expressway
Thursday, Dec. 23: 11 a.m., Octavia Books, 513 Octavia St.

If you can't make it in person, signed copies are available online at AcadianHouse.com or through Amazon.com and Barnesandnobles.com.

Is there a delay in the printing of the book ? Neither Amazon nor Barnes & Nobles can deliver the book before Christmas - as a matter of fact the earlies shipping date for either is Dec. 23rd.

I just got the email from Acadian House Publishing saying my book has shipped...can't wait!

Re: From Bags To Riches Book Tour

Amazon was extremely conservative with its initial order and has been swamped with orders. They are in the process of making a second -- much larger -- order to meet demand. When their supply is bolstered, the shipping/delivery dates shouldn't be an option for the holidays. For whatever reason, they didn't anticipate the sales the book has generated. I guess they understimated the power of the Who Dat Nation.

If you want to make sure you secure one in time for the holidays, I would recommend going through either AcadianHouse.com or BarnesandNoble. The Times-Picayune's online store -- TPStore.com -- also will have signed copies.

Meantime, I expect Amazon to solve the supply/distribution issues in the very near future.

Jeff,

I was out at Barnes and Nobles in Metairie to see you and Deuce last night, but the only reason I knew y'all would be there was because my mom and wife happened to be shopping there that afternoon and saw the notice. I posted on here to let people know (http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184822), but I don't think anyone else had any idea beforehand. Y'all need to get the word out because I know a lot of people would be excited about the book and about going to the signings.

To everyone else trying to get a copy -- I got one last night (which Jeff and Deuce signed) at the B&N in Metairie, and (at least by the time I left), they still had a bunch available.

Best of luck with the new book, Jeff!

I actually thought we did a pretty good job of promoting the event.

We had a story on the front page of the Times-Picayune features section on Wednesday with a full list of signings:
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/11/jeff_duncans_bags_to_riches_ho.html

I plugged the event on WWL-AM's Sports Talk on Tuesday night and on The Sports Hangover on Wednesday afternoon.

I tweeted news of the event on both Tuesday and Wednesday. We also sent out event notices on the publisher's Facebook page.

We had a great crowd. There was a line for the first hour and we estimate we sold more than 200 books so we were ecstatic with the event and the turnout, as was Barnes & Noble.

well i didn't know about it, but i'll be there on thursday the 9th!

i'll be the dork who asks you to sign as Jeff "Scooter" Duncan

Late to reply, been at work, any chance of coming to the central part of the state for a signing? I live near Alexandria and your book in on my christmas wish list.

I actually thought we did a pretty good job of promoting the event.

We had a story on the front page of the Times-Picayune features section on Wednesday with a full list of signings:
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/11/jeff_duncans_bags_to_riches_ho.html

I plugged the event on WWL-AM's Sports Talk on Tuesday night and on The Sports Hangover on Wednesday afternoon.

I tweeted news of the event on both Tuesday and Wednesday. We also sent out event notices on the publisher's Facebook page.

We had a great crowd. There was a line for the first hour and we estimate we sold more than 200 books so we were ecstatic with the event and the turnout, as was Barnes & Noble.

Well, I stand corrected then. Glad yall got a good turnout, and I hope it continues. :)

Any future signings in north La Jeff?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom