From CBS sportsline. Prisco finally admits he made a mistake (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From his article...

"I admit it: I questioned the move. I thought Brees was a system passer who excelled for the Chargers because of the people around him. He's far more than that. "

Rest of the article...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9830296/1

OMG, ANALOGY TIME: Prisco was baptised in his own Vomit. /Analogy mode off.

he's finally eating his words and recognise this team as a NEW BREED DOWN SOUTH.. The Gulf Coast Saints are representing the entire South on thier own shoulders. Ten Weeks of Sitting on top of the Division, only taken off once in a tie by carolina.

Vick doesn't give his team that. Brees also gives his team leadership. One has to question whether Vick does after what he said after the game. Asked about how he remains calm when passes are dropped, Vick laid out his receivers.

"It is tough," Vick said. "I am just doing my job giving guys the chance to have some success. Somewhere along the line, guys are going to have to start catching the ball and making plays. Maybe I could throw it a little quicker and anticipate the throw, throw the ball before he comes out of his break."

Brees would NEVER say that.

What does a QB have to do to shake the stigma of this "not so great arm" nonsense? This guy is throwing darts out there...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"It's almost funny when you consider their physical abilities to be saying that Vick should do it like Brees, who doesn't come close to Vick's talents in terms of athletic ability.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] But Brees can do something Vick can't, which is to put his foot in the ground, scan a field and find the open receiver.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] It's called passing the football."[/FONT]

The best part of the article.:_rofl:

What does a QB have to do to shake the stigma of this "not so great arm" nonsense? This guy is throwing darts out there...

Actually, Brees doesn't really throw half his passes that hard. What differentiates him from other gun-slingers is that he finds the open reciever and he puts a touch on the ball which many qbs don't have.

It's not his arm--physically, he's not that imposing or gifted. The guy is very intelligent and makes very smart decisions.

His ability to read defenses and make good decisions makes him great. I liken him to Joe Montana.

Yep. I said it.

Actually, Brees doesn't really throw half his passes that hard. What differentiates him from other gun-slingers is that he finds the open reciever and he puts a touch on the ball which many qbs don't have.

It's not his arm--physically, he's not that imposing or gifted. The guy is very intelligent and makes very smart decisions.

His ability to read defenses and make good decisions makes him great. I liken him to Joe Montana.

Yep. I said it.

Yeah, he's very similiar to Joe Montana. But when Brees NEEDS to fire it, he can. And his passes down the field are very accurate. I wouldn't say his arm is exactly weak. Only QBs who can't read a defense gun it everytime out of fear of screwing up...

That article was brutally honest and well written. I really enjoyed that. If Brees is not MVP then something is wrong.

I do not understand what "Prisco finally admits he made a mistake" should mean. He already did that weeks ago.

Yep. I said it.

Well, you gone and did it didn't ya?

You open up a can and worms. Ironically, a week before we play the Niners,...eeck you know they will be here soon,...LOL

"the Pee Wee game on the Georgia Dome field following Sunday's game probably had better designed offenses than what the Falcons use."

Ouch. I'm sure Greg Knapp would love that little comparison.

On the third play, he showed that. Faced with a third-and-seven at his own 24 on the opening series, Payton called for a deep pass to Devery Henderson. Brees got time in the pocket, read the coverage right and saw Henderson run by safety Chris Crocker and gather a 76-yard touchdown pass for a 7-0 lead.

Wow, they don't want to soil golden boy D Halls image by letting everyone know, Henderson ran right by him. Yeah, the safety should have helped cover, but come on, this is Deion's pupil, no way a lowly Saint's receiver could have gotten by him so easy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom