N/S From Mahomes Dad: “He Thought He Was Going To Be A Bear” (1 Viewer)

But who's to say he would do well in Chicago? The player success depends on being the right place at the right time with the right coach.
Chicago has never gotten the quarterback position or offense in general right.

personally, I was on the Deshaun Watson train since I was nervous about that Texas Tech offense Mahomes came from

personally, I was on the Deshaun Watson train since I was nervous about that Texas Tech offense Mahomes came from
Which is why we should be on Hendon Hooker. "The system though" Dude is accurate, prototype size, and very mobile. He did look like the 2nd coming of JW during the Georgia game. Hopefully that can be coached out. "Tuck and run if it's not there.

Not to be the nitpicky sort, but the reporter doing this story about where and at what point Patrick Mahomes Sr. believed his son would be drafted by has got the wrong year. Patrick Mahomes wasnt drafted by Kansas City in 2018, he was drafted the year before, in 2017, and was kind of red shifted behind Alex Smith his rookie season, before being made the starter and setting the NFL and its record books on fire ever since.

Neither had KC, prior to Mahomes.
They had a HOF QB who played for over a decade who won 2 AFL/AFC title games, and won Super Bowl IV, Len Dawson and after his death just before the beginning of this season, the Chiefs team dedicated this season to him.

The Chiefs had some decent QB's during the 1990's when Schottenheimer was HC C----most of them were past their prime, like Montana and Dave Krieg, but both did have winning seasons in their stints there.

Alex Smith had a far better career as a starter in Kansas City then he did in S.F.-in fact, he got voted to two Pro Bowls in his 5-year stint with the Chiefs.

Trent Green was a pretty good, accurate and successful QB under Vermeil's Chiefs from 2003-05, when their offenses kind of resembled kind of a mini-version of Vermeil's Rams SB-winning Greatest Show on Turf but werent able to match the successes of those Rams teams, although they were involved in what was, IMHO, one of the greatest postseason shootouts in NFL history, their 2003 AFC Divisional playoffs game vs. The Colts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom