From next year I am not going to believe a WORD coming out from Training camps (1 Viewer)

Didn't the offense start off slow last season, too? I remember them kicking it into gear around the 3rd or 4th game of the regular season.

The offensive woes all start up front. The Saints had a 1.8 YPC before Lasco and McCown broke off 2-3 decent runs. The pockets collapsed and never gave any QB a real chance. I know the Texans have a great D and I'm not panicking but something has to be done with the the line. I've heard people say they need time to gel as a unit, but it sure was a rough outing. Only Armstead and Unger seemed ready to play. It was embarrassing.

Didn't the offense start off slow last season, too? I remember them kicking it into gear around the 3rd or 4th game of the regular season.

Yeah that 7 and 9 team for 2 years. It's a well known statistic that when we start slow out the gate, we can't catch up. The first 4 games for the saints mean a lot for momentum apparently.

They looked like butt tonight for sure. However, Cooks and Snead didn't play and Armstead played one series. Unger went out pretty early too iirc. Our secondary looks legit. I'm not pressing the big red panic button yet.

Coleman has got to get his stuff together though. They might cut Murphy on the plane ride back.

You never should. All we heard the past two years was nothing but good things from training camp and we finished 7-9 both seasons. Hype means nothing which is why I never pay attention to it during the off-season. I personally don't think we will make the playoffs this season, hopefully I'm wrong but I think we will have another 7-9, maybe 8-8 at very best. We've made signings but also because of injuries and players leaving I think we need as many players as we did coming into the off season. I genuinely don't think there's been that much of a change. We rely way to much on UDFAs (not saying they are all bad but some genuinely are) and players playing out of position.

We don't seem too have a system and haven't had for many seasons, since the bountygate year. Our most experienced Wide Receiver is someone who has been in the league for 2 seasons...that says it'll. great player but you need a leader at that position too and a veteran presence. No doubt I'll be flamed but that's the way I feel. I think we have as many problems as we did heading into the off season. I know you can't fix them all in a single off season, but a few defensive signings hear and there whilst neglecting the O Line and receiving core won't cut it. Okay we signed Fleener but he's a TE, not a WR. Our O Line is still shambles with out of position players and Peat being used as a scape goat.

Don't hold your breath for the season because we're in an extremely difficult division and quite frankly, I could even see us finishing bottom of it if the Bucs have improved along with Atlanta as I'm sure they have done. Flame away :angryrazz:

Yeah that 7 and 9 team for 2 years. It's a well known statistic that when we start slow out the gate, we can't catch up. The first 4 games for the saints mean a lot for momentum apparently.

The defense is looking much improved though. And they were the biggest issue on those 7-9 teams. I'm not saying we will win more games just off of that. But it definitely gives us a better chance. Next week will be the most important week for this offense because they will likely play the whole first half, before most key starters sitting the 4th game. So hopefully they can start getting it together next week.

I find it comical how people panic during preseason. At least wait until the third preseason game, which is the only meaningful preseason game. Smh.

They looked like butt tonight for sure. However, Cooks and Snead didn't play and Armstead played one series. Unger went out pretty early too iirc. Our secondary looks legit. I'm not pressing the big red panic button yet.

Coleman has got to get his stuff together though. They might cut Murphy on the plane ride back.

Payton's quote at press conference "We will find another returner" so that's that

The defense is looking much improved though. And they were the biggest issue on those 7-9 teams. I'm not saying we will win more games just off of that. But it definitely gives us a better chance. Next week will be the most important week for this offense because they will likely play the whole first half, before most key starters sitting the 4th game. So hopefully they can start getting it together next week.

I agree the defense is looking much better than in the last 2 years, but as usual, something has to give. And this year it seems it's the o-line. Drew needs stout guards as we all know to have a clean pocket, and so far it's been a disaster. I hope they can get it together and solidify. Because we all know if the offense clicks, and a semi competent defense, this can be a dangerous team.

I was impressed by the defense .... offense and special teams stunk it up big time .... we got a 3 and out to start the game and then Murphy muffed the punt .... safe to say that he has prolly lost his roster spot to Tommy Lee Lewis .... Coleman was really bad ....

I'm starting to think that one of the reasons the defense looks so good in practice because of our issues on offense.

I literally cringed watching Lelito and Kelemente try to block Rankins Fairley and Davison on those one on one drills that were on video in camp. All three were immediately in the backfield after the snap. After one play your rookie DT Rankins was giving blocking advice to the "veteran" guards, think he felt bad for them.

I lurk around SR during the whole year but really get into it during the season. But, even during the season we are either vilains either heroes, no middle ground :) Can't wait for this year punching ball... last year it was Browner, the year before it was Robinson, the year before Jenkins and Harper... funny, it has been a CB the last few years. Let's see what we'll get this year... looks like Peat is good candidate, but Harper is back. :).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom