From Philly...Alshon... (1 Viewer)

Good afternoon you crazy kids. Good luck this weekend against the Rams. Contain the running game and all will be well. Check out this story about Alshon!

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...-elementary-school-kids-who-wrote-him-letters

It definitely stinks when players get singled out as the reason for a loss. We had it with Marcus Williams last year then the Bears had it with Parkey earlier in the playoffs.

In all of those situations, the failure of a team ended up falling on one person and its rough. Glad that Jeffery is using it as an opportunity to brighten a day and give some kids a good lesson on resilience.

As Coach Charlie Weis said on SiriusXM NFL radio earlier this week, and I paraphrase, it's a shame the story will be Alshon's drop. But it's not like the pass would've been a TD. After the 1st quarter the Saints defense just shut the door.

He handled that like a pro for sure. The whole thing reminds of Marcus Williams last year for sure. He made a number of good plays but one slip up. Remember that Marcus Williams had a key interception earlier in last year's playoff game.

Wow. I know exactly where that school is. I accidentally pulled into it once. It's right next to my favorite cheesesteak place in West Chester, and also has the best hamburger meat in town.

He is a good player. One Play shouldn't define a player. He played great for them for the season.

Thanks Nick.

And I also think he does not deserve all that hate. He’s a very good player. We are all human.
(Besides Chuck)

Good on Alshon Jeffry! These stories deserve more attention on the news.

Reminds me of Marcus Williams last year, and also Thomas Morstead's grace with the Children's Hospital in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Most all athletes are kind and giving people. They also get hurt and bleed both inside and out just like the rest of us.

I've never understood blaming a loss of a 3 hr long game on 1 person. Do these same people blame the loss of a chess game on their last move? If so I want to play chess with them.

The true mettle of a person’s character isn’t proven with success. It is revealed through failure.

Alshon Jeffrey is a great football player and a better person.

As Coach Charlie Weis said on SiriusXM NFL radio earlier this week, and I paraphrase, it's a shame the story will be Alshon's drop. But it's not like the pass would've been a TD. After the 1st quarter the Saints defense just shut the door.
That's what I have been telling every one all week. It was a TD reception drop. The headlines have ticked me off about the dropped "game winning catch."

Glad to see his spirits up. I need him to help whoop Dallas twice next season. And if they play ATL, CAR, or TB... I'll be pulling for him to have 5 career games that in with a W.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom