From Philly Daliy News: L. Sheppard & PHI 2nd for a high 2nd round pick. (1 Viewer)

Heck, send them our third. Going by the draft value chart, that would give them enough ammo (200 points) to get up into the first round with their second rounder.

"If they use their first-round draft choice to take a safety, or if they package their second-rounder with Sheppard and move up to a better second-rounder ..."

This is just a sports beat writer's if. It is not based on info he dug up that such a trade is possible.

This guy's "if" is not that much better than any of the myriad "ifs" on our own board, except that as a sports writer, maybe his "if" is at least based on what he thinks is reasonable based on his own sources.

I would be thrilled to get Lito Sheppard for a 2nd, not only for Lito, but also because I like the thought of a Boz Scaggs tune resonating in the Dome, but this is all still one great big "if."

I'd do it... plenty of value LBs in the 2nd. man if one of those DTs would fall to 10... and we'd be able to get Lito too? And a nice LB at 49? I'd have alcohol poisoning shortly thereafter...

I remember seeing a stat last season which stated something to the effect that "hole in zone" gave up less yards per attempt than Jason David did.

A freaking hole in the opponent's defensive zone out-played (!) Jason David.

Jacob said:

Well we have no proof and a lot of people who disagree mostly FO who thinks bullocks increase the hole in zone.

I think without NFL film we may never know.

I might consider it, but I'd also not be looking CB in this draft then. We'd have way too many on the roster, and cutting the crappy ones like David would hurt our cap IIRC.

Actually, I'd swap firsts with them if they'd want it, then use the pick to take a LB such as Connor, Mayo, etc....Then take Law or that other DT in the second.

All this assumes that Ellis / Dorsey does not fall to us.

I saw that Sheppard was on that list and that concerns me. It also concerns me that the Eagles felt it was such a need to upgrade him with Samuel and now ship him off to another team.

I saw that Sheppard was on that list and that concerns me. It also concerns me that the Eagles felt it was such a need to upgrade him with Samuel and now ship him off to another team.

He is still better than what we have. If the price is right, get it done.

I would trade Sheppard for our second in a heartbeat. Id especially do it if they were basically giving him away like Thomas Jones. If I were Philly, I would keep him. I agree with Sirius that in the division they play in, they will need him to help preserve the lead. Most good teams nickle corner plays 50% of the defensive snaps anyway, so why trade him?

Wow, I hated this because I thought we'd have to give up too much....I'd do it for just trading postions in round 2.

Just Do It!

Wow, I hated this because I thought we'd have to give up too much....I'd do it for just trading postions in round 2.

If this could be done by only trading places in the 2nd round, just do it! So what if Lito Sheppard isn't Asante Samuels; if he was, he wouldn't be available for a possible trade. However, he could be one of the starters for the Saints. His acquisition would give the Saints more freedom in who to draft in the first 2 rounds. None of the possible 1st round CBs are "sure things;" there is no one shutdown corner in the draft who doesn't come with questions.

Getting Sheppard would leave the first 2 rounds to consider DTs, OLBs, FSs, and perhaps even TEs and OL. I'm pulling for the possibility that Ellis or Dorsey falls either to pick 10 or close enough that a trade wouldn't be all that costly.

I'd trade 2nd's with them and throw in our 5th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom