From Philly Daliy News: L. Sheppard & PHI 2nd for a high 2nd round pick. (1 Viewer)

Mcshane

Reaction score
This from a Philly beat writer

"If they use their first-round draft choice to take a safety, or if they package their second-rounder with Sheppard and move up to a better second-rounder and take a safety..."

So it looks like Sheppard could be had not by trading back in the 1st as some thought on this board but for trading back in the 2nd, assuming there is a safety they like at our pick... We might have to throw in a conditional day 2 pick in '09 in MHO, but I like that idea.

I know we need a FS but we need CB's more so. I'd take a flier on Lito at that price any day. It makes some sense that by signing Samuel they have lessened his trade value (being that he is now surplus to requirements in Philly). I hope someone falls in the 2nd so we can squeeze out this deal. MM, Lito & Gay? Our CB situation would go from bad to good in one off-season (health permitting as always, knock on wood).

(link: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/spo..._McNabbs_wish_is_no_longer_Eagles_demand.html)

They'd definitely want to move up higher than where we are at in the 2nd though.

EDIT: We're at 40 and they're at 49. I think they'd probably want more than that.

They'd definitely want to move up higher than where we are at in the 2nd though.

EDIT: We're at 40 and they're at 49. I think they'd probably want more than that.

Not if their guy is sitting at 40....

Like I said we might have to throw in a day 2 pick to even it out..

Someone posted a list of the passing success rate against DBs. Guess who was first on that list (higher than Jason David)? Lito Sheppard. After reading that if it's accurate I'm no longer interested in Sheppard unless it'd for a really late round pick.....

This is one of those deals that you would prefer to have worked out prior to draft day. Acquiring Lito would without a doubt take CB off radar in round 1.

Someone posted a list of the passing success rate against DBs. Guess who was first on that list (higher than Jason David)? Lito Sheppard. After reading that if it's accurate I'm no longer interested in Sheppard unless it'd for a really late round pick.....

That is true, but at least he (Lito) was nowhere on the worst yard per pass average list.

Actually, if you are talking about this http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3289200
Jason David has the lowest success rate. Lito is on that list, but David is the worst. I could live with a CB who gives up lots of completions for short gains over David who gives up lots of completions for first downs.

Last edited:

I think the ESPN article indicated that David was first on the list. Lito was not far from David on the list, however.

I read that too, and I agree with you. Lito Sheppard IMO is no better than what we have now in Jason David.... ok ok he's not AS bad, but just because he's a CB that could be potential available by trade, doesn't mean we should go after him.

I just don't see him as an upgrade. We can get a CB in the first round that I believe would be more beneficial than Lito playing for the Saints.

I read that too, and I agree with you. Lito Sheppard IMO is no better than what we have now in Jason David.... ok ok he's not AS bad, but just because he's a CB that could be potential available by trade, doesn't mean we should go after him.

I just don't see him as an upgrade. We can get a CB in the first round that I believe would be more beneficial than Lito playing for the Saints.

Did you watch the Eagles and Patriots on Sunday Nigh Football? Lito shutdown Randy Moss in that game. He did the same to T.O.:worthy::worthy::worthy:

our first for Sheppard and their first? draft DRC late in the first round and let him develop over the next year. then we'd have a secondard or Gay, McKenzie (for another couple of years), Sheppard and DRC (young as nickle and special teamer) let craft and David go. it's a pretty good upgrade to me!!!

I think the ESPN article indicated that David was first on the list. Lito was not far from David on the list, however.

I couldn't remember but thought Sheppard was first but whether he was first/second doesn't realy matter. I don't want to spend a high second round pick on a guy that's only slightly better than Jason David. I'd rather roll the dice on a rookie......

Dastar, thanks for finding it. Look at the names on this list real bottom of the barrel -

Jason David NO 36 %
Travis Fisher DET 37 %
Leon Hall CIN 38 %
Lito Sheppard PHI 41 %

Last edited:

That is true. Lito had a bad year in terms of what he gave up last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom