From the Bills' post game journal (2 Viewers)

msmith

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The whole article is here.

Here are the highlights:

4:04- Temperature is at 65 and wind only at nine MPH. I’m sure the Bills were hoping for worse conditions. Bills win the toss but elect to defer. Not this again.

4:08- Marques Colston torches Leodis McKelvin for 31 yards. Saints are on the move already.

4:12- One yard touchdown run by Lynell Hamilton to go up 7-0. The Saints passing game is already in full sync. Drew Brees goes 4-for-5 for 69 yards on first drive. You gave this team the ball first why, Dick Jauron? Way to take your fans out of the game in the opening minutes. 7-0 Saints less than five minutes in.

4:31- Complete confidence by Saints head coach Sean Payton to go for it on fourth and two from the Bills 28. It’s not rewarded as Bryan Scott and Kawika Mitchell make a big tackle on a swing pass to Reggie Bush. Bills take over.

4:33- John Lynch just calls the Bills the “Buffalo Bears”. Here we go…

4:34- It’s pretty obvious the Saints will commit to not letting Fred Jackson beat them. Five yards on his first three carries.

4:35- Fortunately they didn’t commit to Reed. Three catches for 41 yards early on, two for first downs. I won’t bother to do the research, but if I did I’d bet Reed’s first downs on catch percentage is up there with the top of the receivers in the league.

4:42- WOW. The special teams finally does something special. Bills fake a field goal, and Brian Moorman hits a wide-open Ryan Denney for a 25 yard touchdown. Denney with the Lambeau leap? 7-7 ballgame. That’s what the Bills have to do to win this game.

4:52- Big play by the Bills defense. Aaron Schobel causes a fumble by Brees and recovers it at the Buffalo 38. That’s Schobel’s second huge play in 10 quarters, or the equivalent of everything he did all of last year.

4:59- Third and one and Jackson gets stopped for a three yard loss. Punt

5:04- In what is sure to accelerate the “Get Roscoe outta town” movement in full swing, Parrish fumbles the punt and the Saints recover. Jon Corto misses a block, but there is no excuse for Parrish. That’s back breaking.

5:09- Bills hold Saints to a field goal. 10-7, Saints.

5:17- I’m no offensive coordinator extraordinaire, but even I know 28 minutes into a game you have to find a way to get Owens and Evans more than two passes thrown their way.

5:28- Pass blocking breaks down, Edwards intentionally grounds the ball. This offensive line is getting exposed today in a big way. Wood doesn’t pick up a middle blitz. He’s having a horrible first half.

5:49- Deep ball to T.O.— ball was thrown short and inside but it’s not like Owens knew. His eyes were locked on Darren Sharper closing in the whole time. Edwards looks terrible and indecisive.

5:53- Pierre Thomas runs for 19 yards to get the Saints out of end zone trouble. He then goes for 13 more on the next play. The right side of the Bills defense is struggling.

5:56- Fourth and inches for Saints at their own 45 and their going for it again. Brees picks up the first down on a naked bootleg. The Bills were completely fooled.

6:09- Interception. Pass intended for Owens gets batted into the air and picked off by Will Smith at the Saints 23. In fairness it was a great play by former Bill Jabari Greer. Still, not a good throw by Edwards and not the best effort by Owens either.

6:31- Owens wide open deep, Edwards over throws him. This could turn out to be the least valuable throw of the game for Edwards. Another three and out for the offense. Anemic.

6:36- Bush leaves Keith Ellison’s jock somewhere on Abbot Road.

6:37- You knew this was coming. Pierre Thomas goes 34 yards for a touchdown against an obviously drained Bills defense. Heath Evans takes out Ellison to spring the TD run. 17-7 Saints.

6:45- Fourth and a yard, and the BILLS ARE PUNTING. Seriously. Down 10 with under eight minutes left, I don’t care if the ball is on the goal line. You go for the first down. The Saints were up three points on a fourth and one in their own territory earlier and went for it (successfully) God, I really hate Jauron. He’s a total coward.

6:46- I really, really loathe him as a head coach. Sean Payton doesn’t think twice to go for it on the road. You don’t have confidence to get a yard at home?

6:52- The Bills defense is completely (understandably) worn out. Thomas goes for 15 more yards to give him 101 on the day; all in the second half.

The writer is very witty and this is the best line in closing:

7:03- Of all the questions I have, among the biggest is why Jauron is still wearing shades on an overcast evening at 7pm?

The whole article is here.

Here are the highlights:

4:04- Temperature is at 65 and wind only at nine MPH. I’m sure the Bills were hoping for worse conditions. Bills win the toss but elect to defer. Not this again.

4:08- Marques Colston torches Leodis McKelvin for 31 yards. Saints are on the move already.

4:12- One yard touchdown run by Lynell Hamilton to go up 7-0. The Saints passing game is already in full sync. Drew Brees goes 4-for-5 for 69 yards on first drive. You gave this team the ball first why, Dick Jauron? Way to take your fans out of the game in the opening minutes. 7-0 Saints less than five minutes in.

4:31- Complete confidence by Saints head coach Sean Payton to go for it on fourth and two from the Bills 28. It’s not rewarded as Bryan Scott and Kawika Mitchell make a big tackle on a swing pass to Reggie Bush. Bills take over.

4:33- John Lynch just calls the Bills the “Buffalo Bears”. Here we go…

4:34- It’s pretty obvious the Saints will commit to not letting Fred Jackson beat them. Five yards on his first three carries.

4:35- Fortunately they didn’t commit to Reed. Three catches for 41 yards early on, two for first downs. I won’t bother to do the research, but if I did I’d bet Reed’s first downs on catch percentage is up there with the top of the receivers in the league.

4:42- WOW. The special teams finally does something special. Bills fake a field goal, and Brian Moorman hits a wide-open Ryan Denney for a 25 yard touchdown. Denney with the Lambeau leap? 7-7 ballgame. That’s what the Bills have to do to win this game.

4:52- Big play by the Bills defense. Aaron Schobel causes a fumble by Brees and recovers it at the Buffalo 38. That’s Schobel’s second huge play in 10 quarters, or the equivalent of everything he did all of last year.

4:59- Third and one and Jackson gets stopped for a three yard loss. Punt

5:04- In what is sure to accelerate the “Get Roscoe outta town” movement in full swing, Parrish fumbles the punt and the Saints recover. Jon Corto misses a block, but there is no excuse for Parrish. That’s back breaking.

5:09- Bills hold Saints to a field goal. 10-7, Saints.

5:17- I’m no offensive coordinator extraordinaire, but even I know 28 minutes into a game you have to find a way to get Owens and Evans more than two passes thrown their way.

5:28- Pass blocking breaks down, Edwards intentionally grounds the ball. This offensive line is getting exposed today in a big way. Wood doesn’t pick up a middle blitz. He’s having a horrible first half.

5:49- Deep ball to T.O.— ball was thrown short and inside but it’s not like Owens knew. His eyes were locked on Darren Sharper closing in the whole time. Edwards looks terrible and indecisive.

5:53- Pierre Thomas runs for 19 yards to get the Saints out of end zone trouble. He then goes for 13 more on the next play. The right side of the Bills defense is struggling.

5:56- Fourth and inches for Saints at their own 45 and their going for it again. Brees picks up the first down on a naked bootleg. The Bills were completely fooled.

6:09- Interception. Pass intended for Owens gets batted into the air and picked off by Will Smith at the Saints 23. In fairness it was a great play by former Bill Jabari Greer. Still, not a good throw by Edwards and not the best effort by Owens either.

6:31- Owens wide open deep, Edwards over throws him. This could turn out to be the least valuable throw of the game for Edwards. Another three and out for the offense. Anemic.

6:36- Bush leaves Keith Ellison’s jock somewhere on Abbot Road.

6:37- You knew this was coming. Pierre Thomas goes 34 yards for a touchdown against an obviously drained Bills defense. Heath Evans takes out Ellison to spring the TD run. 17-7 Saints.

6:45- Fourth and a yard, and the BILLS ARE PUNTING. Seriously. Down 10 with under eight minutes left, I don’t care if the ball is on the goal line. You go for the first down. The Saints were up three points on a fourth and one in their own territory earlier and went for it (successfully) God, I really hate Jauron. He’s a total coward.

6:46- I really, really loathe him as a head coach. Sean Payton doesn’t think twice to go for it on the road. You don’t have confidence to get a yard at home?

6:52- The Bills defense is completely (understandably) worn out. Thomas goes for 15 more yards to give him 101 on the day; all in the second half.

7:03- Of all the questions I have, among the biggest is why Jauron is still wearing shades on an overcast evening at 7pm?

roscoe parrish actually didn't fumble the punt as we know it was stripped by malcolm jenkins

i thought the same thing

John Lynch just calls the Bills the “Buffalo Bears”. Here we go....................Good stuff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom