From the toilet to the tap (1 Viewer)

I think it would be fine to use as water supply for things like watering grass, washing cars, showering, etc. But I would be skeptical about using it as a potable water supply. I wouldn't ingest it even knowing that the science behind it is probably sound.

It likely taste like **** to.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jtZtxaZ782Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As somebody on the regulatory side that deals with wastewater, I'll just stick to bottled water if that were the case. GAG!

So...the water that goes thru the sewage system goes back into the water table, right?

Doesn't it eventually end up being filtered for drinking?

Would something this be threatened by the much-decried rise of resistant strains of diseases like cholera?

2jbttau.png

I swear, it's becoming a documentary.

All of you in New Orleans drink everyone's sewage from the Rockies to Canada to the slopes of the Appalachian mountains. Sure it's been treated then dumped right back into whichever river drains into the Mississippi.

First off, the FDA has a much higher standard of water regulation, than that of the EPA (who regulates bottled water). Most of the water you're already drinking comes from lakes, streams, springs that have all kinds of dead animals, bacteria, feces, and chemical debris already in it. So, just drink the freaking water. If the thread starter hadn't posted this no one would even care of think about what kind of water they're drinking anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom