From the View of a Jets Fan (1 Viewer)

Not sure if you know or not, but the Saints run defense is better than the Jets. So is the Saints rushing attack. I see this game playing out much the same as the Buffalo game played out, only I think Drew will be MORE successful in the passing game, because we are playing in the Dome and don't have to contend with the wind.

I do believe the Jets will blitz just as good, if not better than Buffalo, but I don't believe Jets secondary is quite as balanced as the Bills. I also don't think Sanchez will have much success against our secondary. His best bet is to throw to the slot WR and to run like he did on that TD. Im concerned on kickoff coverage, but as long as our punter continues to get excellent hangtime, Leon shouldn't get many opportunities on ST's.

One thing the Jet's have going for them is attitude-- a punch you in the mouth defense with speed and physicality in the front seven that would normally frustrate Drew. But Drew learned a lesson last week on the sack/fumble when he held on to the ball to long after being frustrated in the passing game on a few drives. Since that point, he got it out when it wasn't there and the staff decided to implement the run, and proved for the third week in a row that the rushing attack is for real.

Here are some stats for you to chew on.

New Orleans
Offense –1st ranking
PTS 40.0 (1st)
YDS 438.0 (1st)
PASS YDS 267.3 (6th)
RUSH YDS 170.7 (2nd)

Deffense – 10th ranking
PTS 18.7 (14th)
YDS 312.3 (10th)
PASS YDS 245.3 (23rd)
RUSH YDS 67.0 (5th)

New York Jets
Offense - 21st ranking
PTS 21.3 (13th)
YDS 315.0 (21st)
PASS YDS 185.0 (25th)
RUSH YDS 130.0 (11th)

Defense - 3rd ranking
PTS 11.0 (2nd)
YDS 256.0 (3rd)
PASS YDS 173.3 (6th)
RUSH YDS 82.7 (9th)

Saints are 1st in interceptions with 7. Jets are 7th with 4.

Saints defense is 4th with completion percentage with 54.4% completed against them.

Jets are 1st with 47.9% completed against them.

Jets are also first with an average of 4.7 yards per pass attempt.

Saints are eigth with 6.2. Teams throw on the Saints about 3 more times per game, so the stat is pretty comparable.

Jets are second with opposing QB rating of 50.2

Saints are fourth with 58.0

Both teams are playing awesome run and pass defense, despite yardage given up.

Saints are 11th with 6 sacks.

Jets are 22nd with 4.

I appreciate your civil attitude and desire for discussion, but I hope we make your Jets look like a crop duster Sunday.

Sorry I had to get that out.

I expect a very physical game come Sunday and I think this one could be a nail-biter. I see our offense making its share of plays but I think your defense has the ability to limit our big plays (much like Buffalo did). As long as we protect the ball, I see our offense having a slight edge against your D.

I think that the key matchup in this game is our D-line versus your O-line. If you guys are able to open up holes in the run game and protect Fez, I mean Sanchez, then it could be a long day for us.

Now that I have looked at this game realistically, the x-factor is that we are the home team and I expect that to have an effect on Sanchez's efficiency. Saints win 30-17.

I'm just glad we're getting mostly the good Jets fans over here. There are some TOTAL homers over there that I'd really rather not see around these parts.

Are you talking about theganggreen.com? I post over there under the name, greyhoundjet, which I tried to use to sign up on this site but I never got a validation email. It really is a great site with a lot of intelligence football fans. However, as with any board you are going to get the idiots mixed in.

Rex Ryan had previously schemed very well against Brees and Payton on their first season with New Orleans. The ravens defense had 3 interception and kept the pressure from the middle. Ryan almost made Bart Scott to play man against Reggie, and kept him honest.

However, there will be some differences. I can see the saints trying to pound the ball with both Thomas and Hamilton during the first quarter, with one or two long balls to Meachem and Henderson. The point may not be the big play, but to keep the defense honest.

And here is the difference this time, I think Payton will use Shockey mainly and Evans in short routes to the outside, then start attacking with Reggie. I really hope that Moore can play this week. This game is the perfect game for him. Short, precise routes, in tempo with Brees can be the key for the game.

I do think that Revis is great and I think that Ryan may think on putting him on Henderson at some point. Colston will be prowling behind the linebackers but they need a solid-speed answer to Henderson and Meachem.

On defense, we all know that Williams is going to attack, and that a great game is needed from Ayodele and Ellis to stop Jones, but the interesting thing is to see how Williams is going to protect against Washington. I wonder if there is going to be a mix between Shanle and Harper, or if Jenkins will take a bigger role this week, focusing on going almost man vs. Washington.

It will be the most interesting game of the season so far, strategy wise.

Are you talking about theganggreen.com? I post over there under the name, greyhoundjet, which I tried to use to sign up on this site but I never got a validation email. It really is a great site with a lot of intelligence football fans. However, as with any board you are going to get the idiots mixed in.

I have been posting on the jetinsider.com and there is maybe 3 intellgent and repectful fans.

I think the Bills exposed the flaw in our offense: the left side of our line. I would assume Rex Ryan is going to overload the left side with blitzers during passing downs to exploit this flaw.

The flaw was that our 2nd string LT's ankle wasn't healthy enough to go, hopefully he will be back this week to adequate strength since he sat most of last game.

I have been posting on the jetinsider.com and there is maybe 3 intellgent and repectful fans.

Try theganggreen.com. You may feel the same way about that site too but its worth a try. I'm not a fan of jetsinsider at all.

What's with all the classy visiting fans lately? It's starting to get weird. At least that will change when we play Dallas and Atlanta.

LOL !!!

I keep hearing this is the best defense we will be facing so far. I beg to differ. Lets compare the Eagles and the Jets defensively shall we ? As far as rankings go (YPG), the Jets are 3rd with 256, and the Eagles are 5th with 262 (421 net yards against the Saints), a difference of 6 yards per game, but keep in mind, the Jets haven't had to play the Saints offense yet.

Lets take a look at rushing and passing defense next. Jets are 5th in passing defense, allowing 173 yds/gm, while the Eagles are 3rd, allowing only 156 yds/gm (this stat includes the Saints putting up 311 yds on them). This alone plays right into Brees' hands. As far as rushing defense, the Jets have the edge there as they are ranked 9th with 82.7 yds/gm to the Eagles' 15th with 106 yds/gm.

Many have said the true guage of a offense or defense is not total yards, but yards per play, so lets see how those stats break down. In total defense they are tied with 4.2 yards per play. In passing D, the Jets are #1, allowing 4.7 yards per play, and the Eagles are 12th allowing 6.5. In rushing, the Jets are 13th allowing 3.9 yards per carry, and the Eagles are 9th allowing 3.6.

These numbers are looking pretty close to me. The difference ? The Jets have not played an offense like the Saints yet. I think we will see come Sunday evening that this whole "we havent played a defense this good yet" argument will prove false. The Eagles just had the misfortune of allready playing the best offense in the league. I think what Jets fans need to ask themselves is if they believe they have played an offense even close to what they will see come Sunday.

Funny how every strategy for beating the Saints sounds the same. Bring the blitz, run the ball. I guess that's why they play the game.

I do get a little surprised by how quickly Jets fans write off Colston v.s. Revis. Yes he's good, but that doesn't make him tall or give him reach. At 5'11'', against 6'4'', Colston will have the reach factor in there. How will Revis completely take away the height advantage?

Don't forget he has to bring Colston down after the catch which is no easy task for any corner.

Try theganggreen.com. You may feel the same way about that site too but its worth a try. I'm not a fan of jetsinsider at all.

I agree, the gang green site is much better. At least they will talk football with you instead of just throwing around insults.

Nice post and it should be a great game but don't compare Colston to Moss. Moss is a great receiver but he takes plays off and defenses know that when he comes off of the los or actually just stands there. Colston plays hard every play and will take someone out of the play even if the ball is not going to him so be prepared for a battle.

Not to mention Colston does something else that Moss could never match....

Block.

Welcome Jets fan. I watched some of the Jets game against the Titans. No doubt about it, This is going to be a very tough game and a great measuring stick of actually where the Saints stand for as an elite team is concerned. Your Jets are impressive and Sanchez is playing great just like Matt Ryan did as a rookie.

It still seems like their is some of the media who are still looking at the Saints as having just a prolific Offense and failing to realize we have a totally different Defense and that that side of the ball is much better and will constantly get better as the season plays out. Our Achilles heel on Defense was Def. Cord. Gary Gibbs who no one knew what the heck he was doing on Defense and did not know what a blitz was, To guys named Jason David who everyone knew was going to be the punching bag for offenses every game, To Josh Bullocks, Kevin Kaesveharn ( Sp). These guys could not cover their butts with both hands must less a pass in the NFL. They were all sent packing this off season.

The way I see this game going down, Is that it is going to come down to who is able to create the turnovers and capitalize on them. This game is going to pit two very excellent coaching staffs trying to attack each other Offensively and Defensively. As a Jet fan this is a game where you going to find out what kind of decision making, toughness and moxie Mark Sanchez has as a Rookie.

Let's witness a great injury free game for both teams and let the best team win and hopefully have a rematch in the Superbowl.:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom