From the way Brees was taped.. (1 Viewer)

gregh

The Real Deal
Reaction score
I heard the announcers saw that this type of injury has ended QBs’ seasons.... and I saw where Brees picked up a ball on the sidelines and just dropped it immediately because his thumb wasn’t cooperating....

If that’s the case....I may be done watching for the year. I LOVE the Saints like they are my own offspring. But I can’t sit back and watch them field pathetic offenses. I just can’t.
i think with a full week of preparation teddy would better, and the team also was flustered not having the man in there. if they all know and prepare a full week together, i think they can still be decent. not sper bowl caliber but a wild card, hell division winner in the south lol

OP
OP
Super44

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I heard the announcers saw that this type of injury has ended QBs’ seasons.... and I saw where Brees picked up a ball on the sidelines and just dropped it immediately because his thumb wasn’t cooperating....

If that’s the case....I may be done watching for the year. I LOVE the Saints like they are my own offspring. But I can’t sit back and watch them field pathetic offenses. I just can’t.
That is a definitely a key sign to the severity (type) level of the injury.

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i think with a full week of preparation teddy would better, and the team also was flustered not having the man in there. if they all know and prepare a full week together, i think they can still be decent. not sper bowl caliber but a wild card, hell division winner in the south lol
The assumption that he doesn’t practice like he’d be playing is damning for Bridgewater. He should go into practice every single day knowing that he may be the guy under center at any moment. He’s had plenty of time. He’s not the answer

BBarnes6182

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Because Heisman winner really light up in the NFL
Come on man, no reason to be a smarta$$. I don’t act like that when you continue to post your ultra square plays in the betting thread, I’m just saying if he continues to play at a high level all year he will go higher than the third round.

Also, use comprehension a little better. We weren’t discussing NFL productivity, but instead we were discussing draft position.

OP
OP
Super44

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
lol

Let's panic about the unknown! Always better to start whining in advance.
Why laugh at some die hard passionate fans? You may be laughing to hide your own sorrow, I don’t know. But it is a serious type of injury for a QB, regardless of the severity, just in case you are not aware.

I personally can respect other’s concerns for Drew. He is a HOF QB in case you did not know and as far as I am aware, we only have one Drew!

Have a great week!

mccombmike

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, Joe went from 200-1 to 5-1 to win the Heisman. He’s now in second place. If he somehow won that he will be going in the first.

If he beats Bama and has a great year he’s going in the first
Burrow looked terrible at times last year and now he looks like a star. Maybe there’s hope for Teddy Bridgewater after all.

bleedit1960

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Here is David Chao thoughts.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This appears too be a thumb brace for instability which brings ligament tear into play as discussed already. Fingers crossed and hoping for good news. <a href="https://t.co/CDkiq3wDma">https://t.co/CDkiq3wDma</a></p>&mdash; David J. Chao (@ProFootballDoc) <a href="">September 16, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OP
OP
Super44

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Didn't realize we had so many MDs on the board
Just MAYBE some people have friends that happen to be very knowledgeable and superficially can somewhat diagnose by looking at certain things? They certainly cannot tell of the actual severity, but usually can tell the type of injury. That is what pretty much eveyone has been posting. Not one poster said anything about the level of the injury.

mccombmike

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The assumption that he doesn’t practice like he’d be playing is damning for Bridgewater. He should go into practice every single day knowing that he may be the guy under center at any moment. He’s had plenty of time. He’s not the answer
I agree that today’s performance looks bad for Bridgewater. But to be fair, he didn’t play for 4 years. You don’t learn to play QB on the sidelines. You learn by playing. He hasn’t had much of that.

He should get better with reps, everyone does. I’m not saying the chances that he becomes a pro bowler are good, but if he gets the reps, the light could come on.

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why laugh at some die hard passionate fans? You may be laughing to hide your own sorrow, I don’t know. But it is a serious type of injury for a QB, regardless of the severity, just in case you are not aware.

I personally can respect other’s concerns for Drew. He is a HOF QB in case you did not know and as far as I am aware, we only have one Drew!

Have a great week!
Love Drew! Just think panicking before having all of the facts is laughable.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why didn’t he go to the locker room after injury? Hoping it’s not as serious as some of us believe
I suspect he knew it was serious right away, knew there wasn’t anything they could do but tape it, and wanted to stay in game gear and with his teammates as their leader.

Poison

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Love Drew! Just think panicking before having all of the facts is laughable.
I mean, we know the following:
  • Drew could not pick up the ball either immediately after suffering the injury or at any stage during the game
  • the thumb was x-rayed at half-time so it isn't broken as a break could have been confirmed immediately
  • it is not dislocated
  • several qualified medical experts have postulated that it is a UCL injury
  • the immediate post-injury treatment regime (including the cast) is consistent with treatment for a UCL injury
  • depending on whether it is a strain or a rupture, the prognosis ranges from six weeks to the entire season
That evidence is accessible right now. I do not want to jump to conclusions either but I don't think you can be too critical of people for drawing inferences based on that information.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I agree that today’s performance looks bad for Bridgewater. But to be fair, he didn’t play for 4 years. You don’t learn to play QB on the sidelines. You learn by playing. He hasn’t had much of that.

He should get better with reps, everyone does. I’m not saying the chances that he becomes a pro bowler are good, but if he gets the reps, the light could come on.
He hasn’t done anything to inspire hope yet, but you’re right.

Now he’ll have the advantage of a game plan designed around his strengths and compensating for his weaknesses, and starter reps all week. He’s going to have to show some improvement soon, though. The Saints run a complicated offense and it takes time to pick up. Honestly, I don’t remember a backup QB ever looking particularly good in the Payton era, and just assume it’s both a tall order to step in take over, and into shoes that are impossible to fill. That said, as a Saint so far, Bridgewater has never looked better than ok, and mostly just not very good at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom