From the way Brees was taped.. (1 Viewer)

gtaz21

Groundskeeper
Reaction score
The assumption that he doesn’t practice like he’d be playing is damning for Bridgewater. He should go into practice every single day knowing that he may be the guy under center at any moment. He’s had plenty of time. He’s not the answer
He's been playing the majority of the live snaps for 5 of the last 6 weeks. He's not the guy. Sadly.

Chopper Man

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
There were a lot of drops that should have been catches today. Like the one that hit Michael Thomas on the hands, The two that Jared Cook dropped. I agree Teddy is slower than Drew reading defenses and he holds the ball a tad too long however today was not Teddy's fault. If Teddy is going to be the starter for the foreseeable future then the receivers on this team better be prepared to catch all balls in their proximity including the fast balls. Teddy hums it in there pretty hard and I dont think the receivers are used to that, Brees has way more touch but at the same time lacks the distance for the long ball.

gtaz21

Groundskeeper
Reaction score
I agree that today’s performance looks bad for Bridgewater. But to be fair, he didn’t play for 4 years. You don’t learn to play QB on the sidelines. You learn by playing. He hasn’t had much of that.

He should get better with reps, everyone does. I’m not saying the chances that he becomes a pro bowler are good, but if he gets the reps, the light could come on.
How long do you wait for a guy for the "lights to come on" when you've built a team to win a Super Bowl RIGHT NOW?

Loose Cannon

SEC SEC SEC SEC SEC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
There were a lot of drops that should have been catches today. Like the one that hit Michael Thomas on the hands, The two that Jared Cook dropped. I agree Teddy is slower than Drew reading defenses and he holds the ball a tad too long however today was not Teddy's fault. If Teddy is going to be the starter for the foreseeable future then the receivers on this team better be prepared to catch all balls in their proximity including the fast balls. Teddy hums it in there pretty hard and I dont think the receivers are used to that, Brees has way more touch but at the same time lacks the distance for the long ball.
That throw behind Thomas was 100% Teddy's fault. It was thrown way too hard behind him on a crossing route. That's an incredibly difficult catch for any WR in the league. Definitely not on CGM there.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just to clear things up:

Ulnar collateral ligaments are found in the thumb, wrist, and elbow regions. In the thumb, the ulnar collateral ligament runs beside the metacarpophalangeal joint. If injured, the thumb may be immobilized for treatment. This ligament is not the same as the ulnar collateral ligament of the wrist. The ulnar collateral ligament of the wrist joint is a rounded cord. It attaches to the end of the ulna's styloid process. This ligament is not to be confused with the ulnar collateral ligament of the elbow, which is a thick, triangular band. This band has two sections: anterior and posterior. The anterior is attached to the front part of the medial epicondyle of the humerus. The posterior section is attached to the lower and back section of the medial epicondyle. An injury of the ulnar collateral ligament of the elbow can be either due to a slow deterioration or an acute rupture. Stress on the ulna will cause slow deterioration, while collisions may cause an acute rupture.
Perfectly clear now. :idee-puis-non:

SaintStephen1

Veteran
Reaction score
Bridgewater not accurate. Most of those drops were inaccurate. Some hit hands but we’re not good passes. Payton’s offense calls for precision into windows which Teddy isn’t capable of doing..

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Bridgewater not accurate. Most of those drops were inaccurate. Some hit hands but we’re not good passes. Payton’s offense calls for precision into windows which Teddy isn’t capable of doing..
When was this a metric people tolerated? Brees makes those same throws and we say "it hits your hands, you catch it" Bridgewater does those throws and it's on him?

I can see if the catches would've been physically hard. But they went right through their hands.

SaintStephen1

Veteran
Reaction score
When was this a metric people tolerated? Brees makes those same throws and we say "it hits your hands, you catch it" Bridgewater does those throws and it's on him?

I can see if the catches would've been physically hard. But they went right through their hands.
Only one I remember is pass to Thomas which he usually catches but how many others were there.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Come on man, no reason to be a smarta$$. I don’t act like that when you continue to post your ultra square plays in the betting thread, I’m just saying if he continues to play at a high level all year he will go higher than the third round.

Also, use comprehension a little better. We weren’t discussing NFL productivity, but instead we were discussing draft position.
We are in a thread discussing Brees injury and Burrow gets interjected to every conversation. If we are gonna talk about QB of the future. Productivity and drat status all inclusive to that discussion.

Let's do recap.
1.Someone mention about tanking for Borrow and bring about a QB of the future discussion.

2.I interjected that we don't need to take for him. Right now, he's a 3rd round pick. Which is a completely justified assessment. He's only played 3 games great games against really bad defenses with a really bad 2018 tape on the books.

3..You brought up the Heisman odds. Which is cool I guess. Heisman winners have been a lot better lately starting with Mark Ingram. Heisman is more about piling up great stats on junk team, but okay.. A Heisman winner has been drafted except for Henry and Troy Smith since 2006. 5 have been 1st overall picks(Bradford, Winston, Newton, Mayfield, Murray) . I don't care about the Heisman. You pile up the best stats in NCAA. You're likely to going to get drafted in the 1st. There is no causality in winning the Heisman and being a 1st round pick. It's an illusion. Come draft time... No one really cares. It's tapes, measurement, interviews, mechanics and stats not a trophy that decides if a player goes in the 1st round.

4. I retorted that it doesn't matter. He still needs to win it. He only had 3 really good games with Texas having the best defense(I'd argue that they where more so gassed than awful) .

I like Burrow a lot, but people really gassing him up as he the next great underclassmen QB when the dude is a Graduated Senior. He should be balling at a high level just like Jalen Hurts is doing right now. You spend 4 years playing college. You better be good when you become a senior. I understand the excitement, but I'm being a realist and would like for people to ease up on the brakes. I like giving him realistic expectations to exceed and super happy with his progress. I like to live week to week with prospects instead being blown away and getting

UUltra square betting. Now, I take offense that that.... NAW, jk. Lol

When my bets start bottoming out. Please talk trash. It's just the internet Bro. I'm at 70% of my bets. So, I'm good. I'm making a lot of money. I've only had 4 or 5 bad bets this weekend. I had a rough first week with NFL at 50/50 like everyone else, but I rebound pretty good for the most part..

LA Chargers +2
Bama +2
Texans +8.5
Carolina ML

NCAA
I only got burned by a backdoor Bama cover

Every thing else. I've been pretty good. I like match ups. I post the match ups I like. I also enjoy taking advantage of live betting. I also was the one trying to stop people to take the +18.5 Dolphin cheese.

I have a life. So, I can't just sit down and post every single bet or bet on every single game. I do a lot of bets, but my biggest lean is on oline and Dline when I bet. I play oline all my life. So, it's actually super helpful crutch for me.

Reaction score

When you have a QB like Brees throwing passes to you hundreds if not thousands of times in practice, pre-season and regular season. It might sound weird but you get used to one QB throwing to you all the time you know their tendencies and their route concepts you work on over and over and when it is totally ripped away and someone else is behind center in the middle of an important game mistakes happen. I am sure everyone was probably a little shocked especially with someone like Brees is so rarely hurt. I've seen it time and time again. Sometimes they find a rhythm most of the times they don't especially against good defenses. You put Jared Goff on the bench and then stick a back up out there I guarantee you the same situation would happen.

RedJem

Official SR Twitter Team
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Then why did they untape it? And why did he do that dramatic run out onto the field moving his hand and thumb around, as if it show everyone he's didn't tear anything?

I think it's sprained.
Because he's Drew Freaking Brees. He's a warrior and fierce competitor. No one wanted him to be back out there more than he did. But he's human and he's hurt. He tried but couldn't even grip the ball.
Regardless we need to prepare ourselves. If the rumblings are true, he's torn a ligament and will be out for a while. Depending on the severity, rehab and recovery, it could even be his last game as a Saint. That's a hard pill to swallow.

BarBar

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The assumption that he doesn’t practice like he’d be playing is damning for Bridgewater. He should go into practice every single day knowing that he may be the guy under center at any moment. He’s had plenty of time. He’s not the answer
That's not how it works.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom