From the way Brees was taped.. (3 Viewers)

Reaction score
Because he's Drew Freaking Brees. He's a warrior and fierce competitor. No one wanted him to be back out there more than he did. But he's human and he's hurt. He tried but couldn't even grip the ball.
Regardless we need to prepare ourselves. If the rumblings are true, he's torn a ligament and will be out for a while. Depending on the severity, rehab and recovery, it could even be his last game as a Saint. That's a hard pill to swallow.
The way Brees came out after halftime, something tells me he's not going out like that. Worst case scenario, he'll be back next year. Assuming he can sign a contract without his right thumb.

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The way Brees came out after halftime, something tells me he's not going out like that. Worst case scenario, he'll be back next year. Assuming he can sign a contract without his right thumb.
That's quite a reply.
It's encouraging & depressing at the same time.
Right now I'm just trying to prepare myself for anything.

NorfolkedSaint

All-Pro
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, we wouldn't have to tank for him. We could actually just wait till the 3rd round for him.

Covet a spread guy with known issues with pro-style offense.. Bold move guys. This isn't college fellas.
At this rate he won't be available in the 3rd round....thanks kiper.

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You spelled Joe Burrow wrong.

Well, we wouldn't have to tank for him. We could actually just wait till the 3rd round for him.

Covet a spread guy with known issues with pro-style offense.. Bold move guys. This isn't college fellas.

Could LSU’s Joe Burrow end up as the top quarterback prospect in the 2020 class?
It’s not a farfetched idea according to Pro Football Focus, which notes that he could pass not just Oregon’s Justin Herbert, but also Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa, generally considered the likely No. 1 pick in next April’s NFL Draft.

PFF: Joe Burrow could pass Herbert, Tagovailoa as NFL prospect

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Mitch Trashbriski got drafted ahead of Mahomes and Watson.

Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, and Allen got draft way ahead of Lamar Jackson.

I hope you really understand the theme here.

Oh, believe me, i understand the ‘theme’ 100%.

My point was to highlight how silly it was of you to be so dismissive of Burrow in your post a few days ago, to the point where you think it’s inconceivable that someone like Burrow could ever even be discussed alongside someone like Tua, in terms of draftability .. I hope you understand THAT theme.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, believe me, i understand the ‘theme’ 100%.

My point was to highlight how silly it was of you to be so dismissive of Burrow in your post a few days ago, to the point where you think it’s inconceivable that someone like Burrow could ever even be discussed alongside someone like Tua, in terms of draftability .. I hope you understand THAT theme.
Going from 5th Round Burrow 2018 to 2019 1st overall Burrow after just 3 games isn't a bit much? I rather he be underrated, because it gives him a chance to fall to a great team like a Mahomes, Watson, or Jackson.

And it's already been all but confirmed that Dolphin are 100% tanking to get Tua 1st overall.

So, stop the pissing contest. This is Saints forum, not Tiger dropping or a Joe Burrow forum. Him being underrated benefits us in the drafting process ..

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Going from 5th Round Burrow 2018 to 2019 1st overall Burrow after just 3 games isn't a bit much? I rather he be underrated, because it gives him a chance to fall to a great team like a Mahomes, Watson, or Jackson.

And it's already been all but confirmed that Dolphin are 100% tanking to get Tua 1st overall.

So, stop the pissing contest. This is Saints forum, not Tiger dropping or a Joe Burrow forum. Him being underrated benefits us in the drafting process ..

Keep talking.. again, my only point was to show how you silly your original post was.. thanks for proving my point, might want to quiet down now.

OP
OP
Super44

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Love Drew! Just think panicking before having all of the facts is laughable.
The facts of an injury were obvious to professionals that knew. And the fact, one professional I know, did not know the level of severity, but knew it would be a six to eight week issue, or worse, was not laughable. Sometimes, it is best just not to reply to posts you happen to disagree with, by having a somewhat condescending tone added in, with a LOL. It implies the poster does not know what he/she is talking about.

FootballLady

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The facts of an injury were obvious to professionals that knew. And the fact, one professional I know, did not know the level of severity, but knew it would be a six to eight week issue, or worse, was not laughable. Sometimes, it is best just not to reply to posts you happen to disagree with, by having a somewhat condescending tone added in, with a LOL. It implies the poster does not know what he/she is talking about.
Meh. It's fun

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom