From the way Brees was taped.. (1 Viewer)

The assumption that he doesn’t practice like he’d be playing is damning for Bridgewater. He should go into practice every single day knowing that he may be the guy under center at any moment. He’s had plenty of time. He’s not the answer

I agree that today’s performance looks bad for Bridgewater. But to be fair, he didn’t play for 4 years. You don’t learn to play QB on the sidelines. You learn by playing. He hasn’t had much of that.

He should get better with reps, everyone does. I’m not saying the chances that he becomes a pro bowler are good, but if he gets the reps, the light could come on.

Why laugh at some die hard passionate fans? You may be laughing to hide your own sorrow, I don’t know. But it is a serious type of injury for a QB, regardless of the severity, just in case you are not aware.

I personally can respect other’s concerns for Drew. He is a HOF QB in case you did not know and as far as I am aware, we only have one Drew!

Have a great week!

Love Drew! Just think panicking before having all of the facts is laughable.

Why didn’t he go to the locker room after injury? Hoping it’s not as serious as some of us believe

I suspect he knew it was serious right away, knew there wasn’t anything they could do but tape it, and wanted to stay in game gear and with his teammates as their leader.

Love Drew! Just think panicking before having all of the facts is laughable.

I mean, we know the following:
  • Drew could not pick up the ball either immediately after suffering the injury or at any stage during the game
  • the thumb was x-rayed at half-time so it isn't broken as a break could have been confirmed immediately
  • it is not dislocated
  • several qualified medical experts have postulated that it is a UCL injury
  • the immediate post-injury treatment regime (including the cast) is consistent with treatment for a UCL injury
  • depending on whether it is a strain or a rupture, the prognosis ranges from six weeks to the entire season
That evidence is accessible right now. I do not want to jump to conclusions either but I don't think you can be too critical of people for drawing inferences based on that information.

I agree that today’s performance looks bad for Bridgewater. But to be fair, he didn’t play for 4 years. You don’t learn to play QB on the sidelines. You learn by playing. He hasn’t had much of that.

He should get better with reps, everyone does. I’m not saying the chances that he becomes a pro bowler are good, but if he gets the reps, the light could come on.

He hasn’t done anything to inspire hope yet, but you’re right.

Now he’ll have the advantage of a game plan designed around his strengths and compensating for his weaknesses, and starter reps all week. He’s going to have to show some improvement soon, though. The Saints run a complicated offense and it takes time to pick up. Honestly, I don’t remember a backup QB ever looking particularly good in the Payton era, and just assume it’s both a tall order to step in take over, and into shoes that are impossible to fill. That said, as a Saint so far, Bridgewater has never looked better than ok, and mostly just not very good at all.

The assumption that he doesn’t practice like he’d be playing is damning for Bridgewater. He should go into practice every single day knowing that he may be the guy under center at any moment. He’s had plenty of time. He’s not the answer

He's been playing the majority of the live snaps for 5 of the last 6 weeks. He's not the guy. Sadly.

There were a lot of drops that should have been catches today. Like the one that hit Michael Thomas on the hands, The two that Jared Cook dropped. I agree Teddy is slower than Drew reading defenses and he holds the ball a tad too long however today was not Teddy's fault. If Teddy is going to be the starter for the foreseeable future then the receivers on this team better be prepared to catch all balls in their proximity including the fast balls. Teddy hums it in there pretty hard and I dont think the receivers are used to that, Brees has way more touch but at the same time lacks the distance for the long ball.

How long do you wait for a guy for the "lights to come on" when you've built a team to win a Super Bowl RIGHT NOW?

There were a lot of drops that should have been catches today. Like the one that hit Michael Thomas on the hands, The two that Jared Cook dropped. I agree Teddy is slower than Drew reading defenses and he holds the ball a tad too long however today was not Teddy's fault. If Teddy is going to be the starter for the foreseeable future then the receivers on this team better be prepared to catch all balls in their proximity including the fast balls. Teddy hums it in there pretty hard and I dont think the receivers are used to that, Brees has way more touch but at the same time lacks the distance for the long ball.

That throw behind Thomas was 100% Teddy's fault. It was thrown way too hard behind him on a crossing route. That's an incredibly difficult catch for any WR in the league. Definitely not on CGM there.

Just to clear things up:

Ulnar collateral ligaments are found in the thumb, wrist, and elbow regions. In the thumb, the ulnar collateral ligament runs beside the metacarpophalangeal joint. If injured, the thumb may be immobilized for treatment. This ligament is not the same as the ulnar collateral ligament of the wrist. The ulnar collateral ligament of the wrist joint is a rounded cord. It attaches to the end of the ulna's styloid process. This ligament is not to be confused with the ulnar collateral ligament of the elbow, which is a thick, triangular band. This band has two sections: anterior and posterior. The anterior is attached to the front part of the medial epicondyle of the humerus. The posterior section is attached to the lower and back section of the medial epicondyle. An injury of the ulnar collateral ligament of the elbow can be either due to a slow deterioration or an acute rupture. Stress on the ulna will cause slow deterioration, while collisions may cause an acute rupture.
Perfectly clear now. :idee-puis-non:

Bridgewater not accurate. Most of those drops were inaccurate. Some hit hands but we’re not good passes. Payton’s offense calls for precision into windows which Teddy isn’t capable of doing..

Bridgewater not accurate. Most of those drops were inaccurate. Some hit hands but we’re not good passes. Payton’s offense calls for precision into windows which Teddy isn’t capable of doing..
When was this a metric people tolerated? Brees makes those same throws and we say "it hits your hands, you catch it" Bridgewater does those throws and it's on him?

I can see if the catches would've been physically hard. But they went right through their hands.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom