From the way Brees was taped.. (2 Viewers)

When was this a metric people tolerated? Brees makes those same throws and we say "it hits your hands, you catch it" Bridgewater does those throws and it's on him?

I can see if the catches would've been physically hard. But they went right through their hands.
Only one I remember is pass to Thomas which he usually catches but how many others were there.

Come on man, no reason to be a smarta$$. I don’t act like that when you continue to post your ultra square plays in the betting thread, I’m just saying if he continues to play at a high level all year he will go higher than the third round.

Also, use comprehension a little better. We weren’t discussing NFL productivity, but instead we were discussing draft position.
We are in a thread discussing Brees injury and Burrow gets interjected to every conversation. If we are gonna talk about QB of the future. Productivity and drat status all inclusive to that discussion.

Let's do recap.
1.Someone mention about tanking for Borrow and bring about a QB of the future discussion.

2.I interjected that we don't need to take for him. Right now, he's a 3rd round pick. Which is a completely justified assessment. He's only played 3 games great games against really bad defenses with a really bad 2018 tape on the books.

3..You brought up the Heisman odds. Which is cool I guess. Heisman winners have been a lot better lately starting with Mark Ingram. Heisman is more about piling up great stats on junk team, but okay.. A Heisman winner has been drafted except for Henry and Troy Smith since 2006. 5 have been 1st overall picks(Bradford, Winston, Newton, Mayfield, Murray) . I don't care about the Heisman. You pile up the best stats in NCAA. You're likely to going to get drafted in the 1st. There is no causality in winning the Heisman and being a 1st round pick. It's an illusion. Come draft time... No one really cares. It's tapes, measurement, interviews, mechanics and stats not a trophy that decides if a player goes in the 1st round.

4. I retorted that it doesn't matter. He still needs to win it. He only had 3 really good games with Texas having the best defense(I'd argue that they where more so gassed than awful) .

I like Burrow a lot, but people really gassing him up as he the next great underclassmen QB when the dude is a Graduated Senior. He should be balling at a high level just like Jalen Hurts is doing right now. You spend 4 years playing college. You better be good when you become a senior. I understand the excitement, but I'm being a realist and would like for people to ease up on the brakes. I like giving him realistic expectations to exceed and super happy with his progress. I like to live week to week with prospects instead being blown away and getting

UUltra square betting. Now, I take offense that that.... NAW, jk. Lol

When my bets start bottoming out. Please talk trash. It's just the internet Bro. I'm at 70% of my bets. So, I'm good. I'm making a lot of money. I've only had 4 or 5 bad bets this weekend. I had a rough first week with NFL at 50/50 like everyone else, but I rebound pretty good for the most part..

LA Chargers +2
Bama +2
Texans +8.5
Carolina ML

NCAA
I only got burned by a backdoor Bama cover

Every thing else. I've been pretty good. I like match ups. I post the match ups I like. I also enjoy taking advantage of live betting. I also was the one trying to stop people to take the +18.5 Dolphin cheese.

I have a life. So, I can't just sit down and post every single bet or bet on every single game. I do a lot of bets, but my biggest lean is on oline and Dline when I bet. I play oline all my life. So, it's actually super helpful crutch for me.

When was this a metric people tolerated? Brees makes those same throws and we say "it hits your hands, you catch it" Bridgewater does those throws and it's on him?

I can see if the catches would've been physically hard. But they went right through their hands.

When you have a QB like Brees throwing passes to you hundreds if not thousands of times in practice, pre-season and regular season. It might sound weird but you get used to one QB throwing to you all the time you know their tendencies and their route concepts you work on over and over and when it is totally ripped away and someone else is behind center in the middle of an important game mistakes happen. I am sure everyone was probably a little shocked especially with someone like Brees is so rarely hurt. I've seen it time and time again. Sometimes they find a rhythm most of the times they don't especially against good defenses. You put Jared Goff on the bench and then stick a back up out there I guarantee you the same situation would happen.

Then why did they untape it? And why did he do that dramatic run out onto the field moving his hand and thumb around, as if it show everyone he's didn't tear anything?

I think it's sprained.

Because he's Drew Freaking Brees. He's a warrior and fierce competitor. No one wanted him to be back out there more than he did. But he's human and he's hurt. He tried but couldn't even grip the ball.
Regardless we need to prepare ourselves. If the rumblings are true, he's torn a ligament and will be out for a while. Depending on the severity, rehab and recovery, it could even be his last game as a Saint. That's a hard pill to swallow.

The assumption that he doesn’t practice like he’d be playing is damning for Bridgewater. He should go into practice every single day knowing that he may be the guy under center at any moment. He’s had plenty of time. He’s not the answer

That's not how it works.

Because he's Drew Freaking Brees. He's a warrior and fierce competitor. No one wanted him to be back out there more than he did. But he's human and he's hurt. He tried but couldn't even grip the ball.
Regardless we need to prepare ourselves. If the rumblings are true, he's torn a ligament and will be out for a while. Depending on the severity, rehab and recovery, it could even be his last game as a Saint. That's a hard pill to swallow.
The way Brees came out after halftime, something tells me he's not going out like that. Worst case scenario, he'll be back next year. Assuming he can sign a contract without his right thumb.

The way Brees came out after halftime, something tells me he's not going out like that. Worst case scenario, he'll be back next year. Assuming he can sign a contract without his right thumb.
That's quite a reply.
It's encouraging & depressing at the same time.
Right now I'm just trying to prepare myself for anything.

Well, we wouldn't have to tank for him. We could actually just wait till the 3rd round for him.

Covet a spread guy with known issues with pro-style offense.. Bold move guys. This isn't college fellas.
At this rate he won't be available in the 3rd round....thanks kiper.

You spelled Joe Burrow wrong.

Well, we wouldn't have to tank for him. We could actually just wait till the 3rd round for him.

Covet a spread guy with known issues with pro-style offense.. Bold move guys. This isn't college fellas.

Could LSU’s Joe Burrow end up as the top quarterback prospect in the 2020 class?
It’s not a farfetched idea according to Pro Football Focus, which notes that he could pass not just Oregon’s Justin Herbert, but also Alabama’s Tua Tagovailoa, generally considered the likely No. 1 pick in next April’s NFL Draft.

PFF: Joe Burrow could pass Herbert, Tagovailoa as NFL prospect

Mitch Trashbriski got drafted ahead of Mahomes and Watson.

Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, and Allen got draft way ahead of Lamar Jackson.

I hope you really understand the theme here.

Oh, believe me, i understand the ‘theme’ 100%.

My point was to highlight how silly it was of you to be so dismissive of Burrow in your post a few days ago, to the point where you think it’s inconceivable that someone like Burrow could ever even be discussed alongside someone like Tua, in terms of draftability .. I hope you understand THAT theme.

Oh, believe me, i understand the ‘theme’ 100%.

My point was to highlight how silly it was of you to be so dismissive of Burrow in your post a few days ago, to the point where you think it’s inconceivable that someone like Burrow could ever even be discussed alongside someone like Tua, in terms of draftability .. I hope you understand THAT theme.
Going from 5th Round Burrow 2018 to 2019 1st overall Burrow after just 3 games isn't a bit much? I rather he be underrated, because it gives him a chance to fall to a great team like a Mahomes, Watson, or Jackson.

And it's already been all but confirmed that Dolphin are 100% tanking to get Tua 1st overall.

So, stop the pissing contest. This is Saints forum, not Tiger dropping or a Joe Burrow forum. Him being underrated benefits us in the drafting process ..

Going from 5th Round Burrow 2018 to 2019 1st overall Burrow after just 3 games isn't a bit much? I rather he be underrated, because it gives him a chance to fall to a great team like a Mahomes, Watson, or Jackson.

And it's already been all but confirmed that Dolphin are 100% tanking to get Tua 1st overall.

So, stop the pissing contest. This is Saints forum, not Tiger dropping or a Joe Burrow forum. Him being underrated benefits us in the drafting process ..

Keep talking.. again, my only point was to show how you silly your original post was.. thanks for proving my point, might want to quiet down now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom