front 7 on D (1 Viewer)

Jackavelli

Sarang Upso
Reaction score
caller on sirius today said saints are bringing back all starters on front 7 from last year.

I understand GW is night and day better than Gibbs, but does it make sense for FO to not bring in any new starters on a front 7?

Hargrove is new.....

I really believe GW will get far better results with the same personnel. We should create more turnovers.......

Well, Ellis was injured some of last year. Shanle had his best season as a Saint. Fujita and Vilma are solid. So that leaves the ends (Grant and Smith) and Clancy.

Which one should we have replaced?

Hargrove is going to bring some new energy.

I think the secondary was in much more neeed of change and they did much to change those pieces....now i definitely am not a Shanle fan and Fujita hasnt been ne good since 2006 so i def think we need some better athletes at OLB so im pulling for Casillas or Dunbar to take a job. Dunbar looked MUCH better as a MLB though as opposed to OLB so maybe a 3-4 look in certain situations with him as the other ILB in the game could add a playmaker on the field

Also new addition DT Tony Hargrove seems to be a starting quality PLAYMAKER who I think will make a difference in the front 7 but yes other than him its pretty much the same guys up front....Ellis has another year under his belt which should make him better also. Overall I think we have MUCH better depth and can withstand injuries with little to no dropoff

caller on sirius today said saints are bringing back all starters on front 7 from last year.

I understand GW is night and day better than Gibbs, but does it make sense for FO to not bring in any new starters on a front 7?

Usually they call the O line the front seven but lets talk D line

Im going to go with maybe. I think our first and worst needs on D were met with very big changes to the secondary and coaching staff. There are only so many resources available for change and the FO did great there. I also have much more faith in players like Hargrove and Grant and Sed Ellis right now than I ever thought likely at the end of last year. So Im not tooo worried about our D line.

Id still like to have a really big NT sized guy available but thats just me. Im a broken record like that and Williams isnt extra keen on needing one. I trust his opinion on it better than mine, but I still will pine for a big ol NT for the Saints at each opportunity.

Also new addition DT Tony Hargrove seems to be a starting quality PLAYMAKER who I think will make a difference in the front 7 but yes other than him its pretty much the same guys up front....Ellis has another year under his belt which should make him better also. Overall I think we have MUCH better depth and can withstand injuries with little to no dropoff

giggity.

Ummm... There's five O-linemen on the field at a time (except in special formations where a Tackle lines up as a TE). Front 7 refers to D-line and linebackers, which in the two traditional base defenses (4-3 and 3-4) total seven.

did our Front 7 play any games together completely?
Fugita did not play week 2 or 3. makes me think he went down week 1.
Ellis did not play games 5,6,7. went down game 4?
Grants last game was game 8.
Clancys last game was was game 14.

If the player all went down during a game we didn't play a single game entirely with our
starting D

I think we will be Ok if we can keep them healthy

Charleston and Hargrove should be on the ends. I dont care how much Grant or smith makes. If they dont generate pass rush in the Lions game, they should be second string.

Charleston and Hargrove should be on the ends. I dont care how much Grant or smith makes. If they dont generate pass rush in the Lions game, they should be second string.

This Does not make much since to me. Why would you start charlston over Mccray if you want a pass rush?

I think Grant is playing alot better than he has in the last couple of years. He had alot of hustle. He is our best DE against the run and we play alot of hard running teams this year(atlanta, Carolina, Minn, Chicago, Giants, TB, Jets, Miami) . He is going to be a part or our D this year.

Don't get me wron i do believe we will be seeing alot of different players in Different position During the course of a game.

Umm no the front seven is used to describe the line and linebackers b/c weather its a 3-4 or a 4-3 its still 7. Hence front 7.

Quote:
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by mikaloyd
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Ummm... There's five O-linemen on the field at a time (except in special formations where a Tackle lines up as a TE). Front 7 refers to D-line and linebackers, which in the two traditional base defenses (4-3 and 3-4) total seven.

Umm no the front seven is used to describe the line and linebackers b/c weather its a 3-4 or a 4-3 its still 7. Hence front 7.
I lost my mind for a second. Im better now. Or at least as good as I get.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom