Frontlines? (1 Viewer)

Lustmord

The Scourge of Christians
Reaction score
On 360-anyone played this yet/ ive read thats its 32 player on line and 50 player on line-anyone know? the reviews say both, then i read it was 32 player but there is s patch to make it 50 player

Try downloading the multiplayer demo online. I tried it. Didn't really grab me in. The graphics are ok, but the maps are huge. I went and played COD4 online after playing of few games Frontlines.

On 360-anyone played this yet/ ive read thats its 32 player on line and 50 player on line-anyone know? the reviews say both, then i read it was 32 player but there is s patch to make it 50 player

The commercial on tv says 64 player online. I played the demo and didnt care for it too much.

Frontlines is a Battlefield 2:MC clone for all intents and purposes. It has a few new things, but nothing incredible. If you like Battlefield, you'll like Frontlines. If the action of CoD4 excites you, you might be a bit disappointed with Frontlines, simply because the maps are gigantic and spread out.

This isn't really my cup of tea. Whenever games are that large, you don't feel like you have any impact on it whatsoever.

The single player demo was panned on the web. The multiplayer demo got better feedback, but based on the reception it received, I doubt this game will be on anyone's must have list.

so i grabbed it yesterday-it is 32 player right now, but Kaos is working on making thier servers hold 50.

Its actually great fun- alot more deliberate and lenghty than cod 4 (which i love) and the levelling loadouts are a nice addition snd affect how yopur team does.

HUGE maps.

This isn't really my cup of tea. Whenever games are that large, you don't feel like you have any impact on it whatsoever.

The single player demo was panned on the web. The multiplayer demo got better feedback, but based on the reception it received, I doubt this game will be on anyone's must have list.

The better players have gigantic impacts on the game because of the way they separated the classes from the subclasses. And because you can respawn as a different class every time, you can specialize in what it takes to get that next flag.

My current faves are sniper with drone ability (fly small explosive drones that also give you the ability to see far away), and anti-vehicle with air support (great for wrecking tanks that try to camp... and the highest ability in the air support subclass will destroy an entire fleet of vehicle in seconds flat). You earn access to your higher subclass abilities by killing the enemy and capturing flags during the current round.

I don't think I like this as much as battlefield, simply because there are too many vehicles, and the gameplay has been skewed towards favoring vehicles a ridiculous amount over single players with anti-vehicle weaponry. Helicopters can shoot out flares to ward off anti-aircraft missiles, for instance.

Ive been going with special ops (hte submschine gun seems more accurate that the assualt rifle) and ground support-i love the emp rail gun

how is sniping?

Sniping is very difficult compared to Halo or CoD4. Since they tried to give shooting a bit more realism, You have to line up the target with the site according to how far away they are. Also, if the target is moving, the bullet will take a while to get there compared to most shooters.

Sniping is very difficult compared to Halo or CoD4. Since they tried to give shooting a bit more realism, You have to line up the target with the site according to how far away they are. Also, if the target is moving, the bullet will take a while to get there compared to most shooters.

Halo sniping requires absolutely no degree of difficulty..point, pull trigger...no reason to even zoom because that just wastes time...Now CoD4's sniping is almost exactly how you described this game's....I really enjoy this and it makes it so every n00b that picks up the controller can't attempt to be a sniper

CoD4 has easy sniping compared to this game. If you put the crosshairs on someone with a 50 cal and they don't have juggernaut, they die. You can easily track someone across the map and hit them while running in CoD4. In Frontlines, it is WAY more difficult. You can shoot at a guy 3 times standing still with the crosshairs dead on his torso and not hit him if you don't adjust for distance.

The CoD4 players who will adjust the quickest to Frontlines are probably the guys who use SMGs. Since SMGs are short range weapons, you tend to aim more with your body than with a scope or red dot. IOW, you learn to keep the enemy centered in front of you to take the shot without aiming. Same thing here. If you get into a close up firefight with someone and you have to aim, you're toast.

I will say that this game has a goofy melee. Whack someone with the butt of your gun and they die. Fun being sneaky sometimes.

One of the things I like to do when we're about to capture another objective is to hide my guy and use the drone to hover over my teammates. That way, if we don't fully capture the objective because the enemy runs in to kill the teammates, I can detonate the drone and keep the enemy from recapturing it until my guys respawn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom