Frozen 2 teaser (1 Viewer)

My 14 year-old daughter has already told my wife and son that they are not permitted to accompany us to the movie. Also, she wants to wait to see it at Disney Springs when we’re there for Christmas. I don’t believe I’m going to survive this ordeal for various reasons. :covri:

I've already bought, framed and hung the Frozen II movie poster in the spare bedroom for the granddaughter's Thanksgiving visit. I had to retire one of the original Frozen posters by putting the new one in front of it in the frame.

The Wal Mart displays for the new show are epic. There will be no shortage of movie merchandise this time around.

1572699821822.png

The pop radio versions are always less popular than that soundtrack cuts - for good reason, people want the film versions. Demi Lovato is a huge pop star but her version of Let it Go was like “why?”

It’s been that way for years - though I guess the pop radio version of that Aladdin song was pretty big two decades so they’re sticking with it?

So nobody has posted about the movie. I saw it with my girls the week of Thanksgiving - at first I wasn't so sure, but by the end I was fully into it.

Thoughts:
- The story at first seemed contrived (sequels often are) but once they filled in enough details, it became very substantively interesting - I really enjoyed how it all came together.
- Elsa is an absolute bad-arse, probably the most bad-arse princess of any Disney franchise.
- The animation/cinematography was just brilliant, it was visually stunning - even more so than the first one, which was also stunning, IMO.
- The soundtrack is very good, the girls want to listen to it a lot in the car and I've gotten into it.
- The scene with Kristoff's song "Lost in the Woods" - it basically turns into an 80s music video, I was full-on laughing out loud at it. Some nice comic relief for the grownups right in the middle of the movie. Disney hasn't released the scene/video yet so I can't post it from YouTube.
- There's a scene where
Olaf seems to die - and it's very intense and emotional and I almost started to cry but then I started laughing thinking about how Disney got us to love this goofy little snowman come-to-life so much that we're actually crying in the scene where he dies

Wasn't too worried about Olaf. If some dumb hat can bring Frosty back to life, resurrecting Olaf wouldn't be too much of challenge for Elsa.

Since Disney owns the X-Men's cinematic IP now, I fully expect to find out Queen Elsa is an ancestor of Bobby Drake's somehow.

The pop radio versions are always less popular than that soundtrack cuts - for good reason, people want the film versions. Demi Lovato is a huge pop star but her version of Let it Go was like “why?”

It’s been that way for years - though I guess the pop radio version of that Aladdin song was pretty big two decades so they’re sticking with it?

Disney should have got a boy band to do "Lost in the Woods," but I'll accept Weezer.

Anna's song "The Next Right Thing" made my 10-year-old granddaughter start sniffling and there were a few real tears as well.

We agreed it was an excellent show from start to finish and we're looking forward to multiple repeat viewings once it goes to video.

Anna's song "The Next Right Thing" made my 10-year-old granddaughter start sniffling and there were a few real tears as well.

We agreed it was an excellent show from start to finish and we're looking forward to multiple repeat viewings once it goes to video.

When we're listening in the car, I don't play that one. It's too sad, even if it ends on positivity.

I think Show Yourself is strong. Very theatric.

I enjoyed the first one, mostly because I got a kick out of how much my 3-year-old daughter (now almost 7) loved it... until, of course, I had to sit through about 300 viewings of it since.

Anyway, the teaser trailer for the sequel is out, and I am DOWN for whatever kind of heroic arse-kickery is going on here:

Frozen 2 is already out on digital. DVD/Blu Ray release is set for next week.

The ultimate experience will probably be the new Frozen exhibit in France, which will include Elsa's ice castle.
You'll have to wait until 2023 and go to Disneyland Paris, but walking the streets of Arendelle might be worth it.

1581867814514.png
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/disneyland-opening-frozen-themed-land-213800078.html

Frozen 2 > Frozen

Frozen 2 > Frozen

It's definitely deeper. I don't disagree that it's better but I don't see why we have to declare a winner. Now that we have it on Amazon, I have seen it a couple more times and I'm appreciating new things. Olaf's struggle with concepts of age, maturity, and the impermanence of time is a cool little subplot/theme.

It's definitely deeper. I don't disagree that it's better but I don't see why we have to declare a winner. Now that we have it on Amazon, I have seen it a couple more times and I'm appreciating new things. Olaf's struggle with concepts of age, maturity, and the impermanence of time is a cool little subplot/theme.

It's on Amazon? Thanks for the tip! :9:

I declared nothing. I only ever declare bankruptcy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom