Frozen chicken question (1 Viewer)

If I took your post the wrong way, I apologize.

First off, I have not started or replied to 100 threads on processed food. I am not crying because you always disagree with me. I also have no infractions. I do not post in every thread.

Now allow me to repeat some of your comments in your previous post...

In the Wingstreet stores, they are not frozen so my contamination concern is real.

Why are you calling me a troll? A weird dude? I took that as a unjustified personal attack. How many times have I bragged about eating processed foods? Yes, I eat at BK and yes I have mentioned that I love the McRibs. I do not recall bragging on a regular basis. This thread was not even about processed foods. Wings are not processed foods and my post was on food safety and not the actual food.

A joke, nothing more nothing less.

Unjustified personal attack?
Please call me " weird " back. I am weird and don't consider that a hurtful word in the context it was used.

If I hurt your feelings, I apologize. I thought it was harmless playful kidding within the TOS.
If the mods missed this abusive language, I would like to call attention to it now.

Mods, if you have failed to infract me for bullying BHM, I hereby ask to be properly punished for my abusive word choice.

I personally don't think it is even worth mentioning ( so I'm not calling you out ) but BHM seems to think you missed something and failed at your job.
Unfortunately, he has had to strap on the burden of moderating me himself and that just isn't fair.

I will not comment on this again unless BHM feels it necessary to start a battle thread BTL.

If he feels starting a BTL thread necessary, I will happily remove the gloves and provide an entertaining duel. I will even extend a good natured 3 post handicap to the poor fellow since he has to begin having already suffered.

Unjustified personal attack?
Please call me " weird " back. I am weird and don't consider that a hurtful word in the context it was used.

If I hurt your feelings, I apologize. I thought it was harmless playful kidding within the TOS.
If the mods missed this abusive language, I would like to call attention to it now.

Mods, if you have failed to infract me for bullying BHM, I hereby ask to be properly punished for my abusive word choice.

I personally don't think it is even worth mentioning ( so I'm not calling you out ) but BHM seems to think you missed something and failed at your job.
Unfortunately, he has had to strap on the burden of moderating me himself and that just isn't fair.

I will not comment on this again unless BHM feels it necessary to start a battle thread BTL.

If he feels starting a BTL thread necessary, I will happily remove the gloves and provide an entertaining duel. I will even extend a good natured 3 post handicap to the poor fellow since he has to begin having already suffered.

If it was just harmless playful kidding then please accept my apologies.

NowKiss_small.png

1 &2-I wish that you had half the clue that you seem to think you have. Since my post did not spell things out for you in Genesissian detail, I will try again:

3- Picking up a completely frozen, breaded product and dropping it in a fryer is unlikely to transfer much of anything onto your hands. All the juices are solid and contained within the product, and the breading keeps the fingers from touching the actual meat. It is not advisable, not kosher, and certainly not up to code, but far more dangerous things happen in the kitchen all the time, frankly.

4-When something thaws in a hot room (as any pizza kitchen would be), however, the outer meat is going to thaw far quicker than the inner part of the meat. When that meat thaws, it will weep sticky, raw chicken fluids that not only get on everything but also stick to everything. Furthermore, since the product is not being defrosted properly and is not stored between 45 and 140 degrees as health code requires, any salmonella, campylobacter, listeria, etc. that is present in the outer layers of the meat (or transferred there from the wept juices of other chicken pieces in the bag OR transferred there by the hands of the "cook") will multiply exponentially, making more bacteria present for the "cook" to spread around. This second scenario - indeed, the one that applies to this story - is far more dangerous to the customer. 5-Your idea about having to keep things sitting out because the restaurant is busy is completely ridiculous, and the restaurant would be fortunate that any health inspector who walked in on it would issue violations only and not shut the place down. Why do you think the cabinets underneath restaurant stations are climate controlled? Do you think the cooks need to keep their pots and pans cold before cooking in them? No, it's to store proteins and other items that are not put in the prep station so that they stay at the proper temperature. It's not like you have to stop what you're doing and go to the walk-in every time you need to fry a chicken wing. :rolleyes:
1- I have been in the food service industry for almost 18 years. 2- I do have my safe serv certificate, and have had that for almost 7 of those years, so I do know a little bit of what I'm talking about.(scored 96 and 98 respectively on that test- have to take it every 5 years)3-The breaded raw chicken-even frozen-should be treated like its raw chicken without the breading. The breading doesn't make it safer to touch. You should still wear your gloves, sanitize all areas, take your gloves off, wash hands, put new gloves on before touching anything else. And yes , there are other dangerous things in a kitchen. 4- I did say not leave any thing sitting in a hot kitchen . It's not being thawed, or stored, you are going to cook it soon- 20 minutes is not going to be dangerous if you cook it thoroughly.5- where I work, we do not have those fancy little refrigerated drawers under the counter and we have health inspectors regularly. And we do HACCP And quite frankly --NO-ONE has ever gotten sick.
Wait, I forgot the most important part of your post. I hope you are not storing your food between 45 degrees and 140. That is the danger zone. The temps for storing food is BELOW 41, or ABOVE 135.

it just goes to show, you never know which of the threads is going to turn out to be truly provocative. :munch:

Who knew that chicken wings could spark such meaningful debate and controversy? I just used to eat them lil tasty basterds. :shrug:

:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom