Frozen chicken question (2 Viewers)

when you live in the land called the great white buffalo..you know the chicken wing,pu tu kongo..lets surf deep into the night.

i have never heard of a oven baked breaded chicken wing.that sounds horrible

p.s.- we (hot chick) were in raleigh,,nc to visit the nug not long ago..the nug said.."mom,dad..you've did a lot for me..dinner is on me".

they served in with no sauce right after deep fry and had spiced garlic dressing for a dip..almost near that bottled ranch crap that comes from the farm..in plastic

we consume chicken wings here..maybe two/three times a yr..and that when we entertain the out of town circus act of family and friends that want to suck off us for a few days..

chicken wings are horrible for your blood flow..i could care less if i ever eat another one.

chicken wing dip is the way to go..i perfected that mo-fo

god bless the game hen

181dfe2b_oprah_wow.gif

Though we always washed our hands, we never wore gloves at Papa John's when making pizzas. No one seemed to complain (all the ingredients were pre-cooked, except the veggies)

I can't imagine not washing my hands after handling raw chicken.

I favor washing over wearing gloves, as long as you washing is the last thing done before touching the meat, and the first thing done after touching the meat. If handling multiple cuts, you should also wash in-between each different cut. Gloves can cause just as much problems, if people don't throw away the gloves immediately after handling the cut. They can give a false sense of a security.

Dude seriously? The chicken is precooked. End of discussion.
I don't care what lies they tell you, the chicken is precooked.
Also, if they are prebreaded but stayed out, the product would die. They can't possibly thaw from raw and maintain there breading.

Seriously, I know you are just trolling and think its funny but you are one weird dude. Who brags about eating processed foods all the time?

You make jokes about eating horse meat. That's nuts man.
Horses are more valuable for what they produce with their body. I can't imagine how ******** and sickly a horse has to be for his life to be worth more money as ground up patty filler.

I really do not give a crap what you think. Do yourself a favor and put me on the your freakin ignore list and maybe you would be a happier person. From what I read, the wingstop stores do not use precooked chicken so I have a legitimate concern.

The eating of horse meat was a joke but it seems that the food snobs such as yourself do not have a sense of humor. But seriously, if you do not ever eat at Pizza Hut, then good for you. You must be so proud of yourself. I will try to think about how you have such a wonderful life that you do not ever eat processed food.

Now seriously, they are damn chicken wings. What is processed about that? Do you think they remove the chicken meat and stuff them with processed meat filling? You are the troll.

I have some bad news to tell you. Almost every single chain fast food type place you have every been will have you retching if you ever saw what was happening in the kitchen on a daily basis.

I have been in the kitchen area of several Lafayette high end joints and I can assure you, you would never eat there again. Now to be honest, most fat food joints have open kitchens to the customer. That was how I observed what I did in this thread. Who knows if the same thing is happening at Deanos.

I'll buy that. That's a huge safety issue then, especially if the wings are being allowed to partially thaw before being touched.
Being allowed to partially thaw is not a health issue (quality issue maybe). As long as they don't sit there all day. And as long as they are cooked through. Not cooking frozen chicken long enough is a bigger issue. The only real issue in the op is handling the chicken and then not washing your hands before touching anything else. Any place you go to will have food sitting out, thats the nature of the beast. You cant go to the cooler or freezers every time you need something, you would spend all your time going back and forth and never get anything cooked. Now if you know your restuarant will serve only 1 order of wings a day and you take them out in the morning and won't serve'em till supper time, that's going to be a problem. But most things will not sit out long enough to hurt.

I favor washing over wearing gloves, as long as you washing is the last thing done before touching the meat, and the first thing done after touching the meat. If handling multiple cuts, you should also wash in-between each different cut. Gloves can cause just as much problems, if people don't throw away the gloves immediately after handling the cut. They can give a false sense of a security.
Most of the new people coming in think that the gloves are to protect their hands, not for food safety. I saw someone pick up something off the floor and throw it away without changing gloves, and went right back to what they were doing, but their hands were still clean, right? I brought it to their attention and then left, never ate there again.

You ever see a McDonalds or Burger King cashier take your money and then proceed to get your fries.......without washing their hands.......thought so........

Raw chicken is usually one of the more sanitary options for what's been "handled" without hand washing at most cheap pizza places. Luckily you're unlikely to order anything that doesn't hit 500 degrees there. If you're ordering salads at a cheap pizza place, you get what you deserve ;)

when you live in the land called the great white buffalo..you know the chicken wing,pu tu kongo..lets surf deep into the night.

p.s.- we (hot chick) were in raleigh,,nc to visit the nug not long ago..the nug said.."mom,dad..you've did a lot for me..dinner is on me".

they served in with no sauce right after deep fry and had spiced garlic dressing for a dip..almost near that bottled ranch crap that comes from the farm..in plastic

we consume chicken wings here..maybe two/three times a yr..and that when we entertain the out of town circus act of family and friends that want to suck off us for a few days..

chicken wings are horrible for your blood flow..i could care less if i ever eat another one.

god bless the game hen

This post is art. True, inarguable art.

Being allowed to partially thaw is not a health issue (quality issue maybe). As long as they don't sit there all day. And as long as they are cooked through. Not cooking frozen chicken long enough is a bigger issue. The only real issue in the op is handling the chicken and then not washing your hands before touching anything else. Any place you go to will have food sitting out, thats the nature of the beast. You cant go to the cooler or freezers every time you need something, you would spend all your time going back and forth and never get anything cooked. Now if you know your restuarant will serve only 1 order of wings a day and you take them out in the morning and won't serve'em till supper time, that's going to be a problem. But most things will not sit out long enough to hurt.

I wish that you had half the clue that you seem to think you have. Since my post did not spell things out for you in Genesissian detail, I will try again:

Picking up a completely frozen, breaded product and dropping it in a fryer is unlikely to transfer much of anything onto your hands. All the juices are solid and contained within the product, and the breading keeps the fingers from touching the actual meat. It is not advisable, not kosher, and certainly not up to code, but far more dangerous things happen in the kitchen all the time, frankly.

When something thaws in a hot room (as any pizza kitchen would be), however, the outer meat is going to thaw far quicker than the inner part of the meat. When that meat thaws, it will weep sticky, raw chicken fluids that not only get on everything but also stick to everything. Furthermore, since the product is not being defrosted properly and is not stored between 45 and 140 degrees as health code requires, any salmonella, campylobacter, listeria, etc. that is present in the outer layers of the meat (or transferred there from the wept juices of other chicken pieces in the bag OR transferred there by the hands of the "cook") will multiply exponentially, making more bacteria present for the "cook" to spread around. This second scenario - indeed, the one that applies to this story - is far more dangerous to the customer. Your idea about having to keep things sitting out because the restaurant is busy is completely ridiculous, and the restaurant would be fortunate that any health inspector who walked in on it would issue violations only and not shut the place down. Why do you think the cabinets underneath restaurant stations are climate controlled? Do you think the cooks need to keep their pots and pans cold before cooking in them? No, it's to store proteins and other items that are not put in the prep station so that they stay at the proper temperature. It's not like you have to stop what you're doing and go to the walk-in every time you need to fry a chicken wing. :rolleyes:

But seriously, if you do not ever eat at Pizza Hut, then good for you. You must be so proud of yourself. I will try to think about how you have such a wonderful life that you do not ever eat processed food.
:aargh:
I did not claim to "never eat processed foods or pizza." I'm only reacting to you starting or posting in, 100 threads about processed foods.

There must be balance in the universe.:hihi:

You are making this about food when its not. You are taking all of my disagreements with you and using this food thing as an excuse to cry about it all:scratch:

The truth is; I disagree with you almost every time you post. You have a heavy posting style and you post a lot.

I'm not trolling you, or following you around threads, or being "mean" to you. I'm simply participating in your dialogue. I don't start threads nor do I make initial claims about things.

I am a liberal. I am a food snob. You do post in every thread. I do have a sense of humor. I am laughing right now.

What am I supposed to do? Should I quit Saintsreport because you get sad when I disagree with you?

Take a look at my infractions. I NEVER break the rules. You are crying because I always disagree with you and thats it. I don't victimize you and I have never put anyone on ignore. I will not start now simply because you don't like me:9:

Maybe you should put me on ignore:9: since I'm bullying you about hamburgers:jpshakehead:

god bless the game hen

1366708_o.gif

:aargh:
I did not claim to "never eat processed foods or pizza." I'm only reacting to you starting or posting in, 100 threads about processed foods.

There must be balance in the universe.:hihi:

You are making this about food when its not. You are taking all of my disagreements with you and using this food thing as an excuse to cry about it all:scratch:

The truth is; I disagree with you almost every time you post. You have a heavy posting style and you post a lot.

I'm not trolling you, or following you around threads, or being "mean" to you. I'm simply participating in your dialogue. I don't start threads nor do I make initial claims about things.

I am a liberal. I am a food snob. You do post in every thread. I do have a sense of humor. I am laughing right now.

What am I supposed to do? Should I quit Saintsreport because you get sad when I disagree with you?

Take a look at my infractions. I NEVER break the rules. You are crying because I always disagree with you and thats it. I don't victimize you and I have never put anyone on ignore. I will not start now simply because you don't like me:9:

Maybe you should put me on ignore:9: since I'm bullying you about hamburgers:jpshakehead:

If I took your post the wrong way, I apologize.

First off, I have not started or replied to 100 threads on processed food. I am not crying because you always disagree with me. I also have no infractions. I do not post in every thread.

Now allow me to repeat some of your comments in your previous post...

Dude seriously? The chicken is precooked. End of discussion.
I don't care what lies they tell you, the chicken is precooked.
Also, if they are prebreaded but stayed out, the product would die. They can't possibly thaw from raw and maintain there breading.

In the Wingstreet stores, they are not frozen so my contamination concern is real.

Seriously, I know you are just trolling and think its funny but you are one weird dude. Who brags about eating processed foods all the time?

Why are you calling me a troll? A weird dude? I took that as a unjustified personal attack. How many times have I bragged about eating processed foods? Yes, I eat at BK and yes I have mentioned that I love the McRibs. I do not recall bragging on a regular basis. This thread was not even about processed foods. Wings are not processed foods and my post was on food safety and not the actual food.

You make jokes about eating horse meat. That's nuts man.
Horses are more valuable for what they produce with their body. I can't imagine how ******** and sickly a horse has to be for his life to be worth more money as ground up patty filler.

A joke, nothing more nothing less.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom