Fuel shortages (1 Viewer)

staphory

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My area is starting to see fuel shortages now. Mainly at gas stations in the smaller towns. One guy I work with said the station in his town ran out yesterday afternoon but got a truck in around 6:00 pm. When the truck left the price was up 10 cents per gallon. Anybody else seeing this?

I saw that it's going to be a few more days of disruption.

Did you see the statement from the cyber-ransom community saying they didn't intend for this kind of disruption? It was humorous (in a dark way of course) that they would try to apply ethics to what they're doing. "We don't want to be that kind of ransom scheme! We want to be the good kind."

My area is starting to see fuel shortages now. Mainly at gas stations in the smaller towns. One guy I work with said the station in his town ran out yesterday afternoon but got a truck in around 6:00 pm. When the truck left the price was up 10 cents per gallon. Anybody else seeing this?

It was mentioned on WWL a few weeks ago. Texas oil refineries are still recovering from Covid and the winter storm back in February .

I saw that it's going to be a few more days of disruption.

Did you see the statement from the cyber-ransom community saying they didn't intend for this kind of disruption? It was humorous (in a dark way of course) that they would try to apply ethics to what they're doing. "We don't want to be that kind of ransom scheme! We want to be the good kind."
The story I saw said they typically stay away from russian and Slavic language sites

Lines around the blocks and empty stations everywhere in Florida Panhandle. Evidently, our local distributor has repeatedly failed some requirements and has been shut down until they comply which has added to the problem locally.

Haven't seen it on the Ms. coast. We receive our gas from the Chevron refinery in Pascagoula.

Attachments

• pipe.jpg
    pipe.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 19
What fools... I happened to pass by Costco this morning on my way to an appointment.. Lines at the gas pumps longer than I’ve ever seen them, and ive been getting gas at Costco for a while.. i mean lines out of the parking lot and down the steeet.. So i made a mental note, kept driving and passed three more gas stations .. One of them had three cars getting gas, and the other two had zero cars in line for gas.. None had signage or any indication that they were out of gas.. And the average price at the normal gas stations with no line was a nickel more than the price at Costco................. Boy do i feel superior now 😎

What fools... I happened to pass by Costco this morning on my way to an appointment.. Lines at the gas pumps longer than I’ve ever seen them, and ive been getting gas at Costco for a while.. i mean lines out of the parking lot and down the steeet.. So i made a mental note, kept driving and passed three more gas stations .. One of them had three cars getting gas, and the other two had zero cars in line for gas.. None had signage or any indication that they were out of gas.. And the average price at the normal gas stations with no line was a nickel more than the price at Costco................. Boy do i feel superior now 😎
all the prices i've seen are about $.25 more than costco
i usually gas up at costco around the time it opens which helps cut down on lines
the one time i went in the afternoon cured me of that nonsense

i usually gas up at costco around the time it opens which helps cut down on lines

Agreed, timing is everything at the Costco filling station (and at Costco in general).. the events i relayed above happened at 10;30am on a Tuesday .. so yeah, a very unusual scene at that time.

Also, for the sake of argument- let’s assume that the price per gallon at Costco was indeed 25 cents lower than the average gas station.. i did some quick calculations , my vehicle has a 26.5 gallon tank, so if i was near empty , I’d probably wind up purchasing 25 gallons.. at a 25 cent per gallon savings, I’d save approximately $6.25.. Not bad, BUT those lines were so long, i would most likely be waiting 20 to 30 minutes, and probably burn a gallon or more just waiting, making my total savings about $3.00... Not to mention the time spent waiting, and the frustration.. all to save a measly three bucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom