Fuel shortages (1 Viewer)

We drive for about 45 minutes outside of Tallahassee and nowhere had gas. At least 2 dozen stations.

We finally cut over to I-10 and found some, but I was getting worried.
gah, that reminded me of when we drive east 4-5 days after Katrina getting super nervous about not finding gas
we finally found a place in alabama and ran into maybe 3-4 new orleans friends there

On the bright side, i found a $5 bill on the ground this morning at the park on my run... So i immediately went and bought a Mega Millions ticket, and a Powerball ticket... When i win, all of you fools get a free tank of gas on me !

check.

On the bright side, i found a $5 bill on the ground this morning at the park on my run... So i immediately went and bought a Mega Millions ticket, and a Powerball ticket... When i win, all of you fools get a free tank of gas on me !
I suspect we'll never know if you really won.

gah, that reminded me of when we drive east 4-5 days after Katrina getting super nervous about not finding gas
we finally found a place in alabama and ran into maybe 3-4 new orleans friends there
We made the same comparison.

I haven't bought toilet paper in a year. Still have about another 2 months supply. My wife went crazy with the TP last year right before that whole mess hit. I don't know how she knew, but she knew. Weird.:shrug:

There was a big sale on TP at Costco last year around late Jan/early Feb and I stocked up like I normally would with no knowledge of how the world would be in a month or two. If society would have collapsed and TP became the main currency, I would have had it made. A good friend of mine was in scarce shape and running out during the worst of the shortage. I had him meet me on Loyola Dr so I could give him some rolls before I hit 310 to head south from BR. Crazy world that was a year ago.

As far as gas goes, Costco is usually a PitA during the best of times. I have to fill up this evening to pick people up at KMSY tomorrow morning and I'm not even going to attempt it.

I legitimately need to fill up my canister for the lawn mower, but I don't want people to think I'm one of "those" people.

Look at this way, Russian hackers are saving the planet from climate change, one pipeline at a time.

There was a big sale on TP at Costco last year around late Jan/early Feb and I stocked up like I normally would with no knowledge of how the world would be in a month or two. If society would have collapsed and TP became the main currency, I would have had it made. A good friend of mine was in scarce shape and running out during the worst of the shortage. I had him meet me on Loyola Dr so I could give him some rolls before I hit 310 to head south from BR. Crazy world that was a year ago.

As far as gas goes, Costco is usually a PitA during the best of times. I have to fill up this evening to pick people up at KMSY tomorrow morning and I'm not even going to attempt it.

I legitimately need to fill up my canister for the lawn mower, but I don't want people to think I'm one of "those" people.

Hah, same. I actually have a can with like 2 gallons in it, but it's been sitting for months, so I'm afraid to use it. I'm not even gonna mess with it. But I might have to go fill up the car soon, so idk how that's gonna go. We'll see.

I suspect we'll never know if you really won.

Oh you most definitely will know.. Becuase if you think i post a lot now- when i hit the lotto, I’ll have even more free time... also I screenshotted who was ‘viewing the thread’ when i posted so i know who gets free gas 👍

I was born on a Friday, but i wasnt born *last* Friday !

Hah, same. I actually have a can with like 2 gallons in it, but it's been sitting for months, so I'm afraid to use it. I'm not even gonna mess with it. But I might have to go fill up the car soon, so idk how that's gonna go. We'll see.
A good piece of advice I received years ago. Before you put the lawn mower up for the winter,run it out of gas. If you have extra gas in a can, add a fuel stabilizer. It will be good the following season. The best places to find these is at auto parts stores

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom