Fuel shortages (1 Viewer)

I always intend to buy that at the end of mowing season but...
Do it this year :)

I've used the same mechanic for over 30 years. He taught me about ethanol. He also taught me to never let my car run near empty. The reason is condensation will form on the sides of the gas tank. It will cause water to run through your engine. You don't have to be a mechanic to know that isn't good. When your vehicle gets below half a tank, Gas up

And so it starts -- gas hoarding.

Does anyone ever think about the dangers of having so much gas lying around. Plus it is not like gas actually ever runs out, at least not for more than a period of a couple days and only under very dire circumstances

And so it starts -- gas hoarding.

Just be aware some of the idiot gas filling up photos are actually old pics. The one with the woman filling up plastic bags has been circulating for months, if not years. That goes for a lot of stuff posted on Twitter.

Not defending the dummies, but sometimes context is appropriate when seeing a pic.

could be. I still have families members who farm for a living in Georgia. Their fuel is delivered straight to their farms

That would make sense, and if they missed a delivery, the farmer probably isn't gonna wait around. I imagine he'd make the trip to fill up like everyone else.

That would make sense, and if they missed a delivery, the farmer probably isn't gonna wait around. I imagine he'd make the trip to fill up like everyone else.
The reason is the equipment they use isn't street legal. You can't drive a tractor or a combine to the nearest gas store and fill them up :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom