Fujita interview. Talks of "bountygate", ALS and the fantastic promo they made, Goodell and NOLA (1 Viewer)

doctorj

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Flem File interview Scott Fujita ALS Bountygate Goodell Super Bowl - ESPN
One of my all time favorite Saints coming back to his "beloved New Orleans" for the Super Bowl and some ALS benefits. For those that have not seen the ALS promo video (It has been posted earlier.) here it is. It is hard hitting and wonderful.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oxoBl5zZgNM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Lots more in the interview. Well worth reading. Love you Scott!

I didn't know Gleason was in such bad shape.
It is what the disease does. It is brutal. It is the disease we all fear, much more than Alzheimers. To know, to be present and yet to be totally unable to respond. Knowing your end will be suffocation. It is the nightmare disease. Fight it as Gleason does. Contribute to research towards the end of this unthinkable disease. Help Steve and Scott in the fight.

It is what the disease does. It is brutal. It is the disease we all fear, much more than Alzheimers. To know, to be present and yet to be totally unable to respond. Knowing your end will be suffocation. It is the nightmare disease.

IIRC, Orlando Thomas who played for ULL and went on to play for the Vikings has ALS as well. Last I heard, he was in pretty bad shape and under 100 pounds or some crazy weight. ALS is no joke indeed.

IIRC, Orlando Thomas who played for ULL and went on to play for the Vikings has ALS as well. Last I heard, he was in pretty bad shape and under 100 pounds or some crazy weight. ALS is no joke indeed.
I had no idea there was another NFL (LA) player with this horrid disease. Are there any more?

Googled NFL ALS and found another . Kevin Turner.
Kevin Turner, suffering from ALS, explains why he
Studies show NFL player four times more likely die ofl ALS.
Study Shows NFL Players Four Times More Likely to Die from ALS; NFL Donates $30 Million to NIH for Research on Brain Injuries - The ALS Association
Scarey stuff. The NFL is doing the legal defensive things to avoid prosecution. But do they really care???? No way. Just as they cared for New Orlean after Katrina. It is all PR for the corporation. No more. No less.

Don't forget O.J. Brigance... Lou Gehrig's disease sucks indeed, I'm lucky that I work in Pediatrics, so I don't see it...

The story and the interview makes me angrier than ever at what the NFL tried to do in their "bounty" farce. Fujita is one of the good guys in sports, who, in my opinion, was smeared by Goodell and his front office thugs soley because he was such a strong voice for the player's association and he is such a strong advocate for player safety.

Anytime someone tries to defend Goodell or the league, we should remind them of how they went out of their way to defame Fujita. This absolutely makes it clear to me that the NFL had an agenda that had nothing to do with any wrongdoing committed by the Saints.

Fujita is a wise man. Few people know how horrible this disease is. It's so good that he's trying to change that. Imsgine what it must be like for him to watch his friend in such anguish. I hope they make it to Machu Picchu.

The story and the interview makes me angrier than ever at what the NFL tried to do in their "bounty" farce. Fujita is one of the good guys in sports, who, in my opinion, was smeared by Goodell and his front office thugs soley because he was such a strong voice for the player's association and he is such a strong advocate for player safety.

Anytime someone tries to defend Goodell or the league, we should remind them of how they went out of their way to defame Fujita. This absolutely makes it clear to me that the NFL had an agenda that had nothing to do with any wrongdoing committed by the Saints.

I still believe Fujita and Brees being so involved in the players associate is part of the reason why Goodell went all "Hulk" on the franchise.

New Orleans is a smaller market and decided to show what an arrongant power mad
idiot he is and punish the Saints.

If this whole Bounty mess s were Dallas, New York, or good buddy Robert Kraft and the Pats, it would have been swept under the rug.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom