Fujita leads on gays in NFL (1 Viewer)

champ76

Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"Former NFL player Scott Fujita has seen enough. He's tired of the bigotry. He wants it to end. He's not alone.

Players like Fujita, along with a coalition of current and former NFL players, and NFL team owners, a music mogul and others, are working diligently to create a safe atmosphere for the day history will happen: when an openly gay man will be a member of an NFL club. People like Fujita -- brave people --are attempting to make the issue a non-issue for when that day comes."

Some believe atmosphere is safe for gay NFL player to come out - CBSSports.com

Shanle is also involved. It doesn't surprise me to see Fujita out in front on this issue; he's outspoken and not scared of anyone or anything. Kudos to him.

"Former NFL player Scott Fujita has seen enough. He's tired of the bigotry. He wants it to end. He's not alone.

Players like Fujita, along with a coalition of current and former NFL players, and NFL team owners, a music mogul and others, are working diligently to create a safe atmosphere for the day history will happen: when an openly gay man will be a member of an NFL club. People like Fujita -- brave people --are attempting to make the issue a non-issue for when that day comes."

Some believe atmosphere is safe for gay NFL player to come out - CBSSports.com

Shanle is also involved. It doesn't surprise me to see Fujita out in front on this issue; he's outspoken and not scared of anyone or anything. Kudos to him.

Former NFL player? When did he retire?

this is one stance i will not and can not support scott on . shame he has tarnished his standing in my eyes

this is one stance i will not and can not support scott on . shame he has tarnished his standing in my eyes

Funny- Scott's outspoken stance on issues like this is why I think he might be my favorite Saints player, even over Brees. Brees has given millions to help rebuild the city and make things better and thats awesome. But Scott is making a statement in a sport that is typically homophobic. It's a brave stance, and one I also agree with.

At the very least, we are incredibly lucky to have had players like Fujita and Brees on this team, and in this city.

I think that's fine, and also let women into the NFL, but get them their own locker room or more privacy I guess

You can disagree with their lifestyle choice without disagreeing with their right to make that choice and not be abused for it.

They deserve equal rights just like anyone else, and that means rights to work without being mistreated.

You don't have to approve, but to hate them, abuse them, or mistreat them does not make you the better man.

Which would be better to come out, a fringe player who is simply on a team and can go about his business, or a star player who stands out?

Which would be better to come out, a fringe player who is simply on a team and can go about his business, or a star player who stands out?

No fringe player who could easily be cut and blackballed is going to be the first unless it's at the very end of his career.

You can disagree with their lifestyle choice without disagreeing with their right to make that choice and not be abused for it.

They deserve equal rights just like anyone else, and that means rights to work without being mistreated.

You don't have to approve, but to hate them, abuse them, or mistreat them does not make you the better man.

i understand but its kinda of hard to accept

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom