Fujita on WWL (1 Viewer)

I also agree with Fujita about player salaries. You should only get paid the amount of money according to the work you have shown on the field. I know most do not get paid if they do not go to work, why should NFL players be any different? Scott is a very intelligent, team-oriented player. Glad to have him on our defense.

I also agree with Fujita about player salaries. You should only get paid the amount of money according to the work you have shown on the field. I know most do not get paid if they do not go to work, why should NFL players be any different? Scott is a very intelligent, team-oriented player. Glad to have him on our defense.

I personally agree with Fujita and everyone else who think rookie contracts are too high, but i wonder if he felt like that before his draft. And yes, I understand he was a fifth round pick and therefore got nothing by NFL standards, but still...I think opinion changes as stature changes. I could be wrong.

Definitely agree with Fujita, the Big Payday's without a down played coming fresh out of college is just ridiculous, all owners should definately want to look into getting this stopped.

Thanks for posting the interview. Fujita seems like a very sharp guy and we're lucky to have him as an ambassador for the Saints. I loved the crack on Hebert about him holding out as a player.

That also brings up the question of Maximum Contracts like the NBA has. Player X can only get a certain amount for a certain length (let's just say 6 years $60 million) from any team he wants when he's a free agent, but if he stays with the home team he can make more (say 6 years $70 million). Those contracts would have to have some sort of set structure (because the owners will NEVER go the NBA route and guarantee all contracts) to ensure that the players would get something in the event that they got cut. It'll never happen, but it would definitely make things interesting.

I really like Scott Fujita. He is a smart guy.

And it sounds like he gives Gene Upshaw a hard time when he comes in town which is a bonus. I don't think Gene Upshaw is REALLY fighting for the players, I think he is fighting for the UNION itself and money in it's pocket. (RE: 1/2% vs. health care etc)

The NFL players union would throw an absolute fit if they tried to cap draft picks. It's not a matter of right or wrong with them, it's a matter of how much they can get out of the owners. If the union agreed to slot the draft money, the owners would have to make some sort of concession to the veterans like guaranteeing a certain number of years on the second contract of players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom