Full details on contract restructures for New Orleans Saints' Will Smith, Jonathan Vilma (1 Viewer)

It does sound looney but they are paying the price for giving a huge signing bonus and contract to an overrated player. Maybe he will catch fire this year and become a beast. Maybe Vilma will become rejuvenated and surprise many of us. I think there is still over a 50% chance they will both get cut in TC. We shall see.

I seriously doubt Vilma will. Hs essentially at the veteran minimum at this point. Unless he's just totally done as a player he's priced as good as can be.

Will Smith will be the one who needs to either win starting time or needs to be cut. At his price, unless he's getting regular snaps in a game the cap space is more valuable than he is.

I seriously doubt Vilma will. Hs essentially at the veteran minimum at this point. Unless he's just totally done as a player he's priced as good as can be.

Will Smith will be the one who needs to either win starting time or needs to be cut. At his price, unless he's getting regular snaps in a game the cap space is more valuable than he is.

I doubt Vilma will too but I can at least hope his declining play was because of injuries.

I can't see them cutting Smith. We aren't eating up $4.5 million in cap space for a backup. I'll be thrilled if he is cut in preseason but rolling over that kind of cap space isn't how you improve.

To put it in perspective, we cut have cut Smith and Jenkins and signed Goldson or Reed for the same money.

I doubt Vilma will too but I can at least hope his declining play was because of injuries.

I can't see them cutting Smith. We aren't eating up $4.5 million in cap space for a backup. I'll be thrilled if he is cut in preseason but rolling over that kind of cap space isn't how you improve.

To put it in perspective, we cut have cut Smith and Jenkins and signed Goldson or Reed for the same money.

Well, not Goldson evidently. Possibly Reed. But the fact is I'd rather we sign virtually no one and try to go for a couple of compensatory picks rather than, as we did last year, sign a bunch of guys who are relatively average players.

We'll be in much better shape cap-wise next year. I'd much rather we bide our time and money this year, see what Ryan actually needs and where we really are post-bounty gate, rather then engage in a bunch of highly paid average players like we did last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom