Full Text of Sermon by Obama's Pastor (Audacity to Hope, from 1990) (1 Viewer)

12.jpg

"Hope" - George Frederic Watts (1817-1904)

Thanks gavin. It is worthy of a sermon,. I think....

George Frederic Watts was a child molester and a freak. In his mid 40s he was having sex with a 16 old. He was also anti-Christian in that he believed all religions led to God.
He was also associated with communist front organizations, probably commie money funded his painting that Barack and his pastor love so much.

What a great President this guy would be, just look at his great influences.

So Varanook and BourgeoisBob, I guess you guys aren't voting for Obama? lmao

In my opinion, the text does not reveal the full nature of the sermon.

Rev. Wright, through tone, inflection and cadence changed the meaning and connotations. I believe he did it deliberately.

Regarding the word "damn" as he used it, diagrammatically:

Proper noun, > verb > noun.

Vulgar compound expletive > noun.

I am just disappointed taht we the American people do not have more and or better options for a president... We deserve better...

Pathetic election "08.. I sure hope that a good independent steps up or something...

I appauld McCain for his service to this country, but am sick of Republican achievements as of late.

time for change and we get Beavus and Butthead...

Joe

In other news, more fun statements come out
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/?pageId=59044

"The government lied about Pearl Harbor. They knew the Japanese were going to attack. Government's lied."
"Black men turning on black men – that is fighting the wrong enemy. You both are the primary targets in an oppressive society that sees both of you as a dangerous threat."
"We cannot see how what we are doing is the same thing al-Qaida is doing under a different color flag ... And guess what else. If they don't find them some weapons of mass destruction, they going to do just like the LAPD and plant them some weapons of mass destruction."

In my opinion, the text does not reveal the full nature of the sermon.

Rev. Wright, through tone, inflection and cadence changed the meaning and connotations. I believe he did it deliberately.

Regarding the word "damn" as he used it, diagrammatically:

Proper noun, > verb > noun.

Vulgar compound expletive > noun.

Spoken as someone who read what text?

This is the "Audacity of Hope" sermon--the one that drew Obama to the church, and the one upon which he based the title of his book. It goes a long way to explain the context of Obama's conversion experience and continued affiliation with the church.

But we want to judge Obama and his pastor by the soundbites we've already heard, I guess, instead of expanding our knowledge. :shrug: Carry on..

Spoken as someone who read what text?

This is the "Audacity of Hope" sermon--the one that drew Obama to the church, and the one upon which he based the title of his book. It goes a long way to explain the context of Obama's conversion experience and continued affiliation with the church.

But we want to judge Obama and his pastor by the soundbites we've already heard, I guess, instead of expanding our knowledge :shrug: Carry on..

Whoops! My bad.

I thought it was one of the multitude of text transcripts of the video sermon. I've read those transcripts already, so I didn't click.

It's a transcript of a 1990 sermon. OK.

Sorry, thanks for pointing out my error, Pasty. :9:

"Black men turning on black men – that is fighting the wrong enemy. You both are the primary targets in an oppressive society that sees both of you as a dangerous threat."

i wounder who he wants them to turn on and kill... mmmmmmmmmmmmm
no hate here....... thats a big hole and they just pulled up with a back hoe to help dig.....

We cannot see how what we are doing is the same thing al-Qaida is doing under a different color flag ... And guess what else. If they don't find them some weapons of mass destruction, they going to do just like the LAPD and plant them some weapons of mass destruction."

This just goes to show how out of touch Reverend Wright is with reality.

If they were going to plant evidence, they would have sent in Miami-Dade PD! :mwink:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom